on 26 March 2012
I hesitated for a long time then splurged. I'm so glad I did: the sound from these speakers is absolutely fantastic and simply leaves my old 7:1 surround system standing as regards music depth and warmth. I'm using them on my Windows 7 desktop and in the few hours I've had them they have transformed my listening. I've just played a Don Edwards album using Windows Media Player and the difference in sound quality truly is unbelievable. I've had this album a good couple of years but it's like an entirely new experience. The speakers are sitting on my desk either side of my monitor and it really sounds as if Mr. Edwards is singing to me from the monitor while his backing of guitars, harmonica, bass etc., are spread around the room beyond him.
I really should have known what to expect as I had one of the early Bose radios many, many years ago and again the sound quality was second to none. You truly do pay for quality.

I now have a redundant Creative 7:1 set of speakers but I also have much happier ears and loads more space to clutter up on my desk. Oh, and the nifty little credit card size remote control is a great bonus too. Ideal for muting when the phone rings.

I'm glad I took the plunge.
3 people found this helpful
on 3 July 2012
Very good speakers. If you want the best, compact, portable computer speakers for a laptop; small room; phone/mp3 player - buy these. They are insanely expensive, but there is no competitor for sound quality in this category. They are not audio reference monitors: but you don't want that for this application - they colour the sound plenty. They are not a bulky system with sub-woofer - but you don't want that either if you are on the move. They can't deal with heavy sub-bass - think Gorrilaz or leftfield (how could they? - it ain't bad tho'). They won't replace a home cinema audio system either. But if you want the very best, crystal clear, portable music system for a laptop, and an entirely adequate sound system for movies - I don't think there is a better choice. I've probably spent enough over the years on pretty crappy small speaker systems to justify the cost here, but you'll have to think that one through yourself..
4 people found this helpful
on 4 January 2013
Even though I'd read the 11 great reviews that already existed for these speakers I was still somewhat skeptical as to whether something so small could produce a great sound, but I needed some compact speakers and I'm already familiar with the quality of Bose products, so I took a chance. All I can say is WOW! The sheer quality, depth and transparency of the sound right across the frequency spectrum is a joy to behold when listening to recorded music. Also, as a creator of electronic music who uses LogicPro on my MacBook Pro I needed something suitable for the home recording environment and while these aren't primarily intended as music monitors for mixing with, the wonderful cleanness and transparency of the sound makes them startlingly effective for the task. They are so well suited to the acoustics of the home recording environment that my music is immediately sounding better produced as a result of using them. Finally, anyone who's concerned that the price is high for such small speakers need not worry. The sound that comes from them is far bigger than the size of the product suggests it might be and is easily worth the asking price - the compactness simply makes them more flexible in terms of where they can be located. All in all, a wonderful product and worth every penny!
on 26 October 2013
i have had many little computer speakers in my time but these are the best by far... they are very durable, as i travel a lot i cram these in my suite case all the time and they hold up nicely... remote control is handy and the sound is great
on 5 April 2013
These are amazing!

They are small enough to be placed under my monitor, saving valuable desk space, but still with a lovely rich sound and surprisingly large about of base.

Wasn't that sure about spending this much on PC speakers but very glad I did.

Just bumped this down to 4 *'s. The power cord is VERY short (probably about 1m long) That's my only criticism.
on 11 May 2014
WOW!!!! These are small but powerful and produce excellent sound quality even from my laptop! Would recommend these- absolutely a delightful surprise as to how good they are.
on 17 November 2012
excllent product all volumes and types of music classical to metal 50 seconds to set up and play small compact matches silver pc good remote on off volume up down no distortion or tinnie soud
on 3 March 2013
I have used these small speaker/amps connected to a Korg professional music keyboard. The sound quality is very good and they have an excellent bass response. The only thing I don't like is having to hold the + button down to go to a required volume level, which is not saved when the units are turned off.
on 8 July 2015
Great sound is now coming form my computer.
on 7 September 2015
Lives up to their name, brilliant and clear sound so is worth the money. Definately recommend.