Style Name: Universal AUX Connection|Change

on 10 June 2016
I bought this product as it was the top choice in Which? Magazine (Oct 2010 issue), however I'm not sure of the test conditions it was put under as I found it very poor.

As others have noted in their reviews, I suspect that a lot of issues had to do with the plethora of pirate radio stations in and around London interfering with the signal & causing the device to suddenly stop working.
I would continually have to unplug & replug it back into the cigarette socket in order to get it to work again - up to 4 or 5 times every hour or so. I ordered a replacement & obtained the same results.

When it WAS working I found the sound wasn't great, especially high frequencies which tended to sound distorted, this despite Which? stating that the sound quality for this item was 'very good'!
The volume levels were also rather low which with quieter music (e.g.: classical) made it very difficult to hear, however this is probably down to the iPhone playing out at a set volume when connected to an audio system via thunderbolt - the standard jack version might have produced louder results.

Overall, I could probably live with the product if it didn't keep cutting out, but as it stands I can't really recommend it.
on 28 May 2016
I tried a couple before ordering this and nothing beats the clear scan feature. Yes, it does take a little while to scan for the clearest station but it just gives you much clear and better sound quality than trying to find a station manually (which I think is so much effort). Especially when you're driving to different places a lot as a clear frequency in one place might not be clear in another, so instead of you having to fiddle around with your radio for ages trying to find a clear frequency you just have to press a button and wait.

Only downside is the USB port didn't work in mine so I cannot charge my phone through it. But I was offered more than adequate compensation for this.
on 22 June 2015
Bought one of these following the disappointment of an cheaper brand which gave a lot of interference. There is no background 'hiss' with this, and the charging of ones iPhone/iPod whilst in use from the same lead, is ideal. Very pleased with it, but was under £20 when I purchased mine. I notice this has now doubled, so not sure I would buy at that price.
on 4 May 2016
This is great. Quality of sound and product of some FM transmitters is dubious at best but this is very good. The 'auto tune' mechanism is also excellent. Can have satnav and music playing from iPhone and it all comes out through car's speakers as well. Recommended.,
on 13 March 2016
Great combo charger / transmitter. Very clean signal, slight hiss of you turn it up quite loud, more noticeable if listening to a audiobook or podcast. But still seems cleaner than other transmitters I've used in the past. Definitely recommend.
on 3 February 2015
I cannot tell you how pleased I am to have found this. When I got my iPhone 5 I spent over a year looking for an FM transmitter that used the lightning port and could charge as well as play. I had one for my previous iPhones/iPod Touch, but obviously the old connection. I used the official apple adapter but the sound quality did suffer, then this week, after an update, the adapter (even though it was official apple) stopped being recognised. Apparently this is an issue that's been cropping up with ios 8.

Over the previous couple of years I had tried a Belkin transmitter that used the headphone jack, but couldn't get anything through it. The antenna in our mini-van was too far away. So when I had the compatibility issue with the apple lightning adapter, I looked again and found that at some point since I last searched Belkin had released this! I received it yesterday, plugged it in today and am absolutely thrilled with it. It has even better reception than my old one ever did, along with being able to charge the phone while in use.

Thank you Belkin for finally making this!
on 21 May 2015
I'm knocking two stars off because it doesn't transmit very loudly, so you have to turn the car stereo up very loud which amplifies crackles and static. This may be a common fault across all these in car transmitters though. It is well made however, I wouldn't not recommend it, just know it's limitations.
on 15 May 2016
Bought this product to replace an earlier version. Competitive price, quick delivery and very simple product to use. Have just used continuously driving from UK to Czech Republic and it worked perfectly just having to occasionally retune through different areas. Definitely recommend the product and the supplier
on 19 March 2016
This product is very poor for the money. I bought it in January & have had about 3-4 times of useage out of it. And then only for very short 10 minute journeys.
Firstly, The 12v plug doesn't sit snugly in the socket and keeps popping out. Secondly, after being used less than a handful of times, it refused to play my music from my iPhone despite being supposedly tuned in. It also died after a couple of minutes and refused to power back up despite checking the sockets.
I spent more time fiddling around with it than getting any quality playback from it.
I had a cheaper itrip some years ago and that was much better.
It is being returned to Amazon and refunded. Very very disappointing.
Take note of the poor reviews‼️
on 18 January 2016
Bought this to connect my tablet to my aging cars stereo for long journeys so that I did not have to take a wad of CD's or keep retuning the radio because it does not have an aux plug or Bluetooth. Really poor reception despite trying various channels and positions in the car. Constant annoying background hiss made the product completely useless.