Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 8 September 2009
If I known what was in this book, I would not have bought it, ever! A lot of the information in the book comes from tabloids and journalists who are known for their dislike of MJ. I ripped the photo's out of the book and saved the cover image and threw the book itself away. "Just because you read it in a magazine, don't make it factual"
22 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 January 2010
First of all I found several basic errors in this book, facts which should not be incorrect as any fan knows what is what, so obviously this author has never met Michael and is depending on other "biographers" work to write this book. If you are a new Michael Jackson fan then I would not recommend this book if you are trying to find out who Michael was as a person.
on 15 July 2015
Micheal l will always love you
This world is a sorry place with out you and it took your death for every one to realize what
A remarkable human being we had in our midst not even our Lord God could have done anymore rest in peace my precious love till we meet again
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 May 2011
This book Gives a good insight of Micheals life a lot of content in colour it is a great read fast Delivery great seller
on 25 August 2010
Sorry to say this, but this book contains a lot of false information. I have been a fan of Michael Jackson for years, and I know for sure that some of things written in this book are not correct. Obviously the author didn't do his job very well, and just wrote what he has read in the tabloids! I'm very disappointed!!
on 13 September 2016
very happy thankyou
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 November 2009
There are so many biographies of Michael Jackson and I am working my way through most of them over time. When he died, inevitably there were lots more that came out as well as all the picture books. Most of the ones I've read so far were hagiographies because basically people wanted to turn Michael into a saint after he died. This one does have elements of that at times (which is why I knocked off one star) but mostly it doesn't gloss over the realities of Michael's very strange life. The highs *and* the lows are told honestly and I thought that made Michael more appealing. Why love an image when you can love the real man? Flawed, strange but also unqique and magnificant. I found myself learning more about Michael Jackson, particularly his family and personal life. Considering how much he's been in the news obviously over decades there's still stuff to learn which is the sign of a legend, as the title suggests.
on 19 February 2010
I really enjoyed reading this book. I thought it flowed brilliantly telling the wonderful, if somewhat tumultuous story of Michael Jackson from his birth to his sensational death. Obviously I am aware of the tabloid revalations which have been a part of his life, and I'm a fan of his music but I've never really delved any further than that. I learnt a lot from this book, especially about his early life with the Jackson 5 and the beginning of his solo career (which happened before I was born I might add!) Whilst reading the messages from various celebs at the end of the book I got quite emotional - what a great way to end. The legend lives on! I've already recommended it to a friend.