on 7 November 2013
I bought a different make of DAB radio a few months ago - and the 4 LR14 batteries needed replacement at least every week. Because the radio sits in the bathroom, it has to be battery powered and a short battery life is irritating. This is why I bought the Roberts Classiclite as a replacement and have been delighted. I don't know whether the claim of up to 100 hours is correct, but after 3 weeks, and a couple of hours per day usage, I haven't had to recharge the batteries.

Sound is good. Only one niggle and the only reason for missing the 5 stars is that the display light comes on when you switch the radio on - not helpful if you are trying to maximise battery life. There is a dimmer button which has to be depressed 4 or 5 times to cycle round to the "no light" setting. The instruction manual is incorrect in saying that the light automatically switches off after 12 seconds - it does not.

Overall though, a very good product, especially if the long(er) battery life is important to you.
on 2 December 2015
Brilliant DAB/FM radio, bought for my 15 yr old son who likes to listen to both the live footie and rock music. Now he can have the best of both worlds and everything in between and when he is at school I can pinch it and take it downstairs as its so portable. Music is crystal clear and is great when I want to have it up loud enough so I can have a good old sing at the top of my voice (badly) and not be heard over the music!!
The radio looks really nice and is easy to use. Definitely a 5 star.
on 14 November 2017
Happy with this purchase, keep it in my kitchen. You have to switch it on twice, firstly at the plug, then the blue button, not sure why it doesn't just come on with the power. Otherwise, have had it for some time, and no problems at all.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 November 2014
Radio looked good and felt quite substantial, easy to set up and received all stations really strong, after tuning for first time I could even push the aerial right down and still get all stations just as good!

But had to return radio immediately as the sound at best was a little disappointing especially as there is no tone control but worse was there was very bad distortion/vibrating on speech and music even on low to moderate volume levels.

Very disappointed and chose refund as did not want to risk another one, have since purchased a Sony which was much cheaper and very happy with it.
on 13 July 2015
Purchased in March 2012, a good quality radio but just like the previous Roberts portable/mains radio the adaptor lead for attaching to the mains has broken in spite of being handled VERY carefully. Why can't Roberts make the lead as reliable as the radio? (Posted July 2015) Radio: great but only 3 stars because of the poor mains adaptor lead.
on 3 August 2015
I've got two Roberts radios now. I can't fault this one. Volume ,tone,bass and treble are all perfect. The radio is well made, well designed, sturdy looking and just right for my bedroom. Very pleased with my purchase. Quality
on 11 May 2016
Fab little radio. So easy you use and sound quality is great. I received it as a Christmas present and my parents loved it so much after hearing it at my house that they have now also bought one.
on 24 January 2015
I Bought to give as Christmas gift, but am that pleased with it I kept for myself. For the price I think the sound quality is good. Best of all I can connect my mp3 player to it via a mini jack to mini jack plug. I cannot comment on battery life as to date I have only used it via the mains lead.
on 19 March 2017
Lovely radio. Good sound. Use in different rooms of the house. Looks good to! Sturdy design.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 December 2015
Wow...delivered 5 days early...well chuffed..sounds great...