on 25 March 2011
This really is a lovely product for a little girl's bedroom. I bought this for my 5 year-old daughter and it really enhances her pink bedroom by creating a warm glow with rich, deep colours (so much better than the photo suggests.) She has had another Magic Lantern which she kindly donated to her new baby brother (which is why I treated her to this) and this one does not rotate as quickly. This doesn't bother us but might be an issue for some people. Personally I find it better it goes round more slowly as it is more relaxing to look at! One tip: when I received this and plugged it in (it has a two-prong plug with an adapter) it did not rotate at all. On reading the instructions it suggests wiping the internal cylinder with a window cleaning solution which I did and then it rotated perfectly. Highly recommended and thinking of buying another for my friend who is expecting a baby girl.
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 December 2012
Just brilliant, my daughter counts the fairies as the lamp twirls around and it helps her off to sleep. Perfect brightness so the room isn't too bright. A robust lamp - would definitely recommend
on 13 May 2011
This is a lovely night light for a liitle girls room, and great for settling them off to sleep, however The child definatlely needs to be over 3, because if they are likely to touch/fiddle with it then i wouldnt recommend buying it unless you can put it up out of reach, as not very strong and very light weight! would recommend it to a friend:)
on 17 February 2014
This was bought as a replacement for the one we had over four years ago, as by that time the plastic fans on the lantern had deteriorated and split, meaning that it could no longer spin. Seeing as it had been used each evening we were happy to purchase the same again. It has a lovely, soft light and makes a cosy evening light. Probably not quite enough to read books to but it really makes for a nice atmosphere. We also purchased the Elmer lantern at the same time for our other child and very happy with both lanterns. Would recommend.
on 27 October 2011
This is a beautiful lamp, very pretty. Very impressed with this purchase and would recommend this to anyone who is thinking on buying it.
on 11 September 2013
The lamp is beautiful and my daughter loves it, it makes her room look really girly. The reason I've given it 3 stars is that I was sent the lamp with the pine coloured wood not pink as the picture shows. If I wanted the pine one I could have got this cheaper elsewhere. I've kept it as I just couldn't be bothered with the whole returns process but just beware of the colour
on 21 November 2012
My daughter got one of these as a Christmas present when she was 4 years old. She's now 8 and still adores it. It's stood up well and aside from replacing the bulb once it has been fine. In recent months the vanes have become brittle. It'd be nice to be able to buy replacement 'scenes' for this reason or for more variety.
on 14 March 2013
I bought 3 of these lamps for my daughters in different designs, they look lovely.........to begin with. After a while the heat from the bulb causes the cheap plastic rotating fan to crack and crumble so eventually never turning, the sides are also made of cheap plastic which eventually cracks, and the heat from the bulb appears to fuse the screw in place which holds the bulb in so when trying to remove the whole thing twists and cracks! This happened on all 3 of mine and despite contacting the company Trousselier regarding my complaint nothing was ever done. A very expensive mistake purchasing 3 of these expensive lamps which have all ended up in the bin.
on 2 January 2013
My daughter now sleeps in her room thanks to this lantern. Dont expect images to project on walls though. However great light projection on ceiling.
on 8 January 2013
My 3yr old loves this lamp and has enjoyed showing all her friends. Great quality and a perfect princess picture with a nice amount of light