Customer reviews

on 14 January 2010
Purchased after seeing Thea live on her Christmas 09 Tour - the album featured heavily in the show - 'That'll be Christmas' is the stand out perfect Chrimbo 'pop' tune - although 'Old December' was the song I [as an old man with grey hair] was whisteling after listening to the CD - 'Sol Invictus' was a grower I didn't like at first - 11 tracks including bonus version of ' That'll be Christmas' - can't fault it - made my Christmas!
on 24 December 2009
Ohhhh! That voice!

Ms. Gilmore makes me return to the love of Christmas.

And it is all due to her voice. The rich, mellow tones of her voice bring me back to the celebratory feelings of the holiday season.

God! I love this woman's voice!
on 12 January 2016
Fabulous singer discovered by my Mum..
We played 3 albums of Thea Gilmores whilst driving out and about.
If you haven't heard her then give this a go.
I would suggest you try "Murphys Heart" as your first album of hers.
on 31 January 2010
Who would have thought - a Christmas themed album which is actually worth listening to. A really great set of songs, few weak tracks and a wonderful evocation of the season.
on 21 January 2013
Lots of excellent compositions by a talented singer songwriter in folk acoustic genre.
A bit sombre at times but atmospheric also
on 16 December 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect having read other reviews, but this album is really growing on me. One to keep for dark winter nights.
on 9 November 2010
Lovely voice but some songs were a bit 'heavy' for everyday listening. Certainly a 'different' approach to a Christmas album.
on 27 November 2010
EXCELENT CD, EVERY SONG IS WONDERFUL. I LOVE HOW I FEEL AFTER LISTENING WITH HEAD PHONES WOFRKING IN MY YARD.
on 10 December 2014
Quite simply the best christmas album Ever. Its been played non stop every year since its release.
on 20 February 2015
The best Seasonal album from the constantly reliable Ms Gilmore.