on 25 October 2017
I have just read this book about the origins of Stonehenge once more after many years and oh what a fascinating read! I had forgotten what a satisfying read this book is! Yes it is a long book and very different from his others but so unique. If you like ancient history then I recommend this book highly..
on 21 December 2017
Well written - as ever. Never tire of reading his novels and this no exception. Didn't warm to the characters as much as other novels. Felt the historic narrative maybe took precedent with this one. Wonder if he's writing BC, because he is BC!!
on 17 October 2017
Highly enjoyable, and well worth reading.
Obviously how Stonehenge was build s a mystery, but this is a very creditable fictional account.
on 19 November 2017
A very believable tale of the building of a British iconic monument. It has believable characters and story lines for the period. Interesting take on historical tales.
on 3 June 2017
Really enjoyed this book. Cornwell is the master of history novels, once I start to read his books I find them hard to put down.
on 19 November 2017
I really like this author, but I don't think this is one of his best.
on 17 January 2018
The first book by cornwell that i have read and has inspired me to read all his others. If you are interested in prehistory and the mystery of Stonehenge then read this book. It is fiction but highly believable and engrossing i couldn't put it down.
on 9 October 2017
nicely packed I know I shall enjoy reading it thank you
on 19 July 2017
Interesting view on how and why Stonehenge was constructed.
Good story with plenty of action.
on 7 June 2017
Good book. Good story once you get into it.