on 19 November 2009
Being the first to review this product is always difficult, I wish there was some details on the product before purchasing. I bought this item in good faith, had it fitted by a competent person, only to find the item less than useless, simply do's NOT work, the room is as full of condensation as though the item was not there ! It is not easy to contact the seller to arrange a refund, waste of time and money.
on 12 December 2009
well this item is useless the air/condensation comes out of the tumble dryer down the hose and straight out of the side of this condenser waste of time and money!but leaves a lovely puddle on the floor might aswell just left the hose on the floor!
. . .If you use it properly!

All's that the condenser unit is. . .is a bucket with a hose attached to it!

One end of the hose is attached to the vent outlet of your dryer and the other end to the top inlet of the bucket via easily attached clips. The bucket is open! (it has gaps in the top) to allow heat out, of course "some" steam will escape too as nothing is 100% efficient is it?

So once attached and with your dryer going the steam generated by your dryer will pass through the hose and into the bucket. For the steam to "condense back into water" it has got to come into contact with something cold or better still freezing cold!

For this device to work as well as it can you will need to put "ice" in the bottom of the bucket! This will provide a cold/freezing medium for the steam to condense back into water inside the bucket. The only other option is cold water in the bucket which will not be as good as the ice but will work to some extent. Put it this way. . .it will be better than no condenser at all!

If your kitchen or area where your dryer is situated is very warm don't bother buying this but if your dryer area is chilly or cold even, this should work well. Of course ultimately the best option is to feed the hose out of a window or through a hole in a wall or catflap in a door even!

I don't have central heating so this device works well for myself. Hope the above info helps a bit :-)
on 4 March 2011
Hi folks, we brought one of these for our tumble dryer and had the same problem. Our eldest daughter has one and it works so I rang her. Hers came with instructions!!!! You have to make sure the the noble in the base of the bottom unit is covered with cold water, she half fills her bottom unit with cold water. I half filled ours and guess what, it works.
try this im sure it will work for you, I do hope so.
on 24 October 2012
When buying a tumble dryer reviews suggested that a condenser dryer was less efficient and more costly. I was sceptical about using a separate condenser but feel that I made the right choice. This particular product does exactly what it set out to do. There is still a small amount of steam when using this but I have found this minimal and a window very slightly open is enough to leave the room steam free with this product. I can also recommend the company that I got this from. When my first one didn't turn up they were brilliant and sent me a second one immediately. Great customer service.
on 8 October 2010
The item described and pictured not even sent. It was replaced with a different model. It is even worse than one photo showed believe it or not.
on 5 February 2012
This item was bought for my daughter who was fed up putting the hose out of the window in the winter. She is very happy with it, said "it works well"
on 20 April 2011
I have moved to a smaller house with no utility room and had a problem , where to position the tumble dryer , I only had my large bathroom cupboard , so I put it in there and it was too far away from the window to put the hose out , so purchased the vent kit , I dont know how it works so well , but it does , so happy days , I have my dryer working again .
on 25 March 2011
I bought this product a few weeks ago and I am impressed all you do is put some water in the bottom of the plastic cup and hey presto. There sometimes is a bit of condensation but I open a window and the problem is gone. Can't understand the negative views of some of these people.
on 26 September 2011
This item is a complete waste of money. Simply put, it is not fit for purpose. I fitted it following the instructions to the letter and when I used my tumble dryer the whole room filled with damp air. The condenser didn't condense anything! Then when I contacted Spares2Go asking for a refund on the grounds of the product not being fit for purpose I was told that they will only accept returns of unused products! How was I going to know the product was useless before using it?!!