on 4 November 2016
This dictionary is superb. The best I have come across. However I prefer the earlier edition the DEB 1470U because I could carry it around with me so easily. It would fit into even a shirt pocket. The DBE 1510 is too big for convenient use. In fact I am trying to locate another DBE 1470U and if anyone has one for sale I would buy it. It is about time this superb dictionary was really miniaturized sufficiently to make it very easy to fit into a pocked without feeling bulky.
on 1 September 2013
I had an original kindle and bought this book in 2011 when it worked perfectly giving me english translations when reading spanish text.
But, having lost my original kindle and buying another one I find that it is no longer possible to use this dictionary as a spanish dictionary. Although it is labelled as spanish language, the kindle thinks it is english and only allows it to be selected as a dictionary for english which is pointless. I called amazon help desk but they couldn't help, so now this really useful feature for foreign language learners has been dropped.
The advert on this dictionary should be changed as it is entirely misleading when it says that this can be installed as a spanish dictionary, because it cant. Bring back the old settings of a single primary dictionary!
on 4 March 2013
This dictionary is a useful addition to my Kindle when I am reading in Spanish. It gives easy access to vocabulary and speeds reading. When working frpom a book, I prefer a larger dictionary but it is adequate.
on 26 February 2013
As a stand alone dictionary within Kindle app - completely useless -much better even free dictionaries as android apps available.
As the default dictionary to use when reading Spanish books - cant select as default dictionary as they advertise at least on android. So useless waste of money for me.
on 4 May 2012
The dictionary provides adequate translations for the most part, including conjugated verbs, but falls down in not recognising verbs with pronouns attached; which is frustrating because you will need to identify the infinitive and then look it up separately, a long-winded process; it also fails to recognise hyphenated words. Save yourself £4 and buy the Collins version directly; which not only succeeds on both counts mentioned, but provides more comprehensive and hence, useful translations.
on 22 June 2013
Over the last week, I've wasted several hours on various Amazon Help sites trying to get this dictionary to work on my new Paper White. Bottom line - it doesn't. Really annoying, as I've used it quite happily for a couple of years on my old 3G Kindle, and doubly annoying as the product description here gives no indication of this problem. New purchasers beware.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 January 2016
Useful for everyone on everyday bases to check something or remains yourself some word. Recommended for all of kindle users
on 2 May 2013
Never got this to work with my paperwhite. Worked with my kindle keyboard 3G until the firmware update to 3.4. Thanks for breaking it Amazon
on 1 February 2012
There are quite a few words missing and the discriptions aren't the best. Although it works very well with the kindle, download it and it works straight away.
on 27 November 2011
As an intermediate Spanish student, just beginning to read Spanish texts, this dictionary is like Harry Potter! Set it up on Kindle (which process took me a while to work out), position the cursor and it gives you a good translation. I shall be using it a great deal. And when you are reading an english text and need your regular dictionary? Well, the Kindle magic wand understands and summons up the regular dictionary. Wow.