Customer reviews

5,118
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 23 February 2016
Wonderful sketches by a master artist. It is also the story of the artistic process of making LOTR where Lee must have had to draw lightning fast, at a moment's notice when the production team wanted to go in close on some small device or area of a room/town/world! Terrific imagination and innovation, but he shares the limelight by naming his collaborators who brought his sketches to life on the big screen.
on 9 June 2017
This is to replace a copy of this great work to which I no longer have access. I am about half way through and am just as entertained as I was the first few times I read it. The book itself seems well constructed and the spine is holding out so far. How it will perform over the years, time will tell.
on 16 July 2017
This clever "comic-book" format is an excellent introduction, for children, to a book which they will find quite difficult, in its complete original form!
on 19 July 2017
I bought this after reading Leaf by Niggle as it spurred me onto to read Tolkein classics. As described, unused. Well packaged prompt delivery.
on 26 July 2017
great, couldn't be happier
on 27 August 2017
This is a lovely story and Tolkien is an exquisite writer, he can take on the roles of many characters and its almost as if you are on the journey with them. I would recommend this to teens.
on 24 July 2017
Recieved in good time. Claims to be used. Small damage on outer box edge. Otherwise perfect
on 12 May 2017
I bought this book originally when my son was a baby and decided, now that I have two children to got another copy for when they grow up and leave home. Every year we read the letters in the run up to Christmas. My children have always been beguiled by the antics of the North Polar Bear. This is a very special edition which is sure to be treasured by generations to come.
on 2 June 2017
Best book I've ever read! Only 12 and already read it 4 times and keep finding new things in the story. Love the characters, battles and the amount of detail that Tolkien puts into his books. Glad there are no Orcs around today though!
on 18 May 2017
My paperback version, c. 50 years old, was losing pages quickly so, as I like to read this every couple of years, bought the Kindle version.