Customer reviews

Life Of Pi
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.08

on 27 March 2013
Each time I started to read Life of Pi I left it after a few pages and had to start again. It took me about five or six attempts before I broke through and got into it; and I'm so glad I persevered with it: a truly wonderful book that deserves all its many accolades. I thought the ending was brilliant: one of the best endings to a novel I've ever read. The story is fantastical yet the writing is so good I found it totally credible. The detailed accounts of various aspects of the natural world seem completely plausible and this makes the survival scenes completely plausible too. I think this is a book to return to and re-read and for 20p it must count as the best value book of all time.
on 21 September 2017
I have seen the film before and I really enjoyed it that I dedicated to read the book. I love the aspects of the animals on the lifeboat and Pi's journey with the Tiger. I would recommend this book.
on 16 July 2015
Having seen the film I was determined to read the book.
I was not disappointed, a thoroughly good read and highly recommended.
on 21 August 2017
I saw the film first which is unusual for me but found it helped visualize the story . I loved the film too and will probably watch it again soon. This is one of those books where you really let go of reality and I loved it!
on 28 September 2017
Ok
on 8 September 2017
ok
on 9 April 2017
I gave this book a 5 star rating because this book is unquestionably gripping. The confused nature of the chapters reflect the arduous journey of the protagonist. I would definitely recommend this book.
on 6 February 2013
I loved Life Pi's adventure with the Tiger. I passed the religious pages which I found tediously boring.
Thoroughly enjoyed the adventure. Will buy the DVD when its released. Didn't go to the cinema to watch it. So I hope the film isn't disappointing.
on 20 May 2013
Such a fantastic! I couldn't put it down, the story is very realistic and is incredibly detailed recalling the events of Pi a young boy who survives a ship wreck but is left alone in the middle of the sea with a few stray animals..... Excellent excellent read!
on 10 May 2014
At the end of the Book I doubted what was real or not ! The descriptions are breath-taking ,and it allows the Imagination to run riot .Glad I read the Book before seeing the Film .