4,220
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 6 February 2013
I had expectations for this book as it has been advertised so much in the media and it was alright. The characters were well built and interesting but it was a little hard to understand at times and the first 90 pages were boring. I was waiting for more exciting stuff to happen but it never did but it is readable and probably a nice book for parents to read young children. I've never said this before but for once the film is better than the book.
on 1 March 2013
Read the book before seeing the film. It's beautifully written, gripping, insightful and totally different from other 'popular' reads. I love a book with a twist and this one has a deep and meaningful ending
on 21 April 2016
I love the storyline of Pi, with it's ability to make you stretch your mind and apply the powerful lessons and meaning's in your own way. My copy has such beautiful illustrations and I love learning about the culture <3
on 13 February 2013
Having seen the play whilst on tour around the UK (Prob around 2004/2005), I am really glad I finally got around to reading this current best-seller.

At the time I saw the play I was studying Drama as a GCSE, (Life of Pi being one of the plays we could do an A4 write-up so that in the event in the exam you were able to draw on experience from productions).

I completely forgot and didn't appreciate the detail to the story and the somewhat surprising alternative ending!

Really enjoyed reading and getting to know Pi and Richard Parker - I could really imagine what it must have been like on the raft and by the end I could almost 'hear' Richard Parker's voice!
on 19 February 2013
Whether you read this out of curiosity or desire, you'll not be disappointed.
I bought this on Kindle simply because it was only 20p. However it proved to be an enlightening read.
I'll not insult you by going over the premise, because if you're reading this you know already.
This book is a simple yet thought provoking journey. That even when it ends leaves you thinking. Rich in symbolism and metaphor you finish it wanting more, but knowing no more is needed or forthcoming.
To end, I'd recommend Life of Pi to anyone looking for a story to lose themselves into.
on 17 March 2013
It was ok, but some of the sentences/word choices were a bit off- I felt it could have done with a final edit. One that stands out was a situation of a roll call, eliciting ticks on a page (clumsy use of 'eliciting'). There were a few other instances where simpler words could have been used to greater effect.

I liked the sentiments of the book, the information about various animals and the unification of religion, but didn't really find anything new to consider.
on 15 January 2013
Decided to read this book prior to seeing the film. I couldn't put the book down for long it is an imaginative and awe inspiring read. Both entertaining and unbelievably strange circumstances for these weird yet strangely believable happenings. WILL READ AGAIN as I am sure next time I pick up this book it will be an entirely different story.
on 22 February 2013
The cover picture creates an idea of what you have chosen to read, so the slow descriptive start to the book is a bit unexpected and could put some off completing the read of the book. I am glad I hung in as it is a good read with lots of interesting information and observations , and left with options as to what really happened in the story. Thought provoking !
on 4 January 2013
I would not like to be shipwrecked at the best of times, least of all with a feral tiger for company. Pi and the tiger weave an intriguing story which will keep you entertained for the whole book - and perplexed at the end. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie soon.
on 14 July 2011
My friends told me what an amazing book this was, and I bought it for my wife,
who also enjoyed it (apart from the ending).
I am not sure if I finished the first couple of chapters.
I read a wide variety of books, and it is very rare that I abandon a book
and throw it away, but I simply could not see any glimmer of interest in this book,
and after a couple of attempts at re-starting it, concluded that life was too short.
It is not difficult to read - simply tedious for me, and lacking any interesting narrative that I cared to
continue with. Since I have read the reviews of those who reacted in a similar way to myself
(except they persisted) and found out that it gets worse
as it goes on, I obviously made the right decision.