Customer reviews

Mummy Knew
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 18 August 2016
I gave this book five stars simply because Lisa James is an extraordinary person, the way it has been written, (with great courage, intelligence & with none of her so called family (how on earth they can all live with themselves is any decent persons guess). For Lisa to then have the guts & strength to speak against her disgusting & vile step father & her biological mother, who should not be allowed the title 'mother'). (You Lisa, your husband & children deserve all the luck in the world..... To have gone through so much depravity, revulsion & abuse that no child or adult should ever, ever go through, plus come out the other end a remarkable young lady, who thank god turned out ''absolutely'' nothing like her so called unfeeling & cold 'mother'??. That's no mother, who can let that happen to any of her children. I am utterly appalled, disgusted & perplexed that firstly her mother allowed this prolonged abuse to take place, got away 'Scott free' as it were, with no criminal conviction whatsoever And to be able to get on with her own life with no conscious is absolutely unbelievable, sickening & totally unacceptable. And that sickening depraved & extremely violent 'father' who should be in solitary confinement for the rest of his life. Or at the very least He should be in jail for the rest of his sad & twisted life... I am so pleased Lisa that you are leading a successful life with your family (who deserve to be called that) a remarkable, supportive & loving husband, as well as your six children, who I am sure are loved & protected very much by yourself & your husband... I wish you & your family all the happiness in the world I really do... I tried to view your website this evening after finishing reading your book, but to no avail as it is under construction at the moment, so hopefully I will be able to view this soon with the rest of your supporting network, fellow readers of your book etc. I so sincerely wish you a continued happy life with every success that you so clearly deserve. Good luck to you & your family & keep strong. With Best Wishes & Kindest Regards x
on 4 September 2012
Once I started this book, I had to finish it because I couldn't physically stop reading and have in my mind that awfulness without getting the end and reading about the resolution. Lesson learnt: don't read before bed.

I think Lisa is such a strong woman to have survived through this ordeal without support from her family; her mother (though no excuse) seemed to have some form of post-natal depression which meant she didn't protect her daughter at all, like she should have.

I felt sad, I felt disgusted, I felt relief (when she finally got out) and then despair again (when her family didn't believe her). This man was truly a disgusting monster but her mother was so much worse for allowing it to happen.

For all those reviews that say how this isn't real, can't be real etc., I encourage you to read it for yourself and judge. The mixture of emotions I felt were very real and I don't doubt for a second that it takes a very woman to get through that.
on 30 May 2017
This book is everything. I've read it twice and sobbed through it both times. Despite it being difficult to read, this is an extremely important book. It's capture of the sickening experience of abuse that children all over the world are experiencing right this minute is something that every person has a duty to know and familiarise themselves with.
on 28 April 2018
Arrived quickly. A very sad story to read some parts hard to read but was one of my most enjoyable books I have read for a long time couldn't put it down.
on 29 September 2015
One of the most horrific stories of child neglect and abuse I have ever encountered from reading this book. This lady deserves a medal for her bravery and inner strength for all that she had to endure. My heart went out to her many times as I got through the various chapters. What a read, I had to have a stiff drink after finishing this book, it was very thought provoking to say the least
One person found this helpful
on 7 January 2013
When I first started reading this book I wish I hadn't started because I just couldn't believe that a mother could let this happen to her child. I couldn't believe what Lisa was going through. I wanted to reach in and pull Lisa out to safety. I had to carry on reading as I needed to know that she came out the other end ok and in one piece. It was a desperate situation for a young girl, and without the support of her mum must have been unbearable. I look at my two children and I would kill or even die to ensure their safety and wellbeing. My heart truly goes out to Lisa and I'm so glad she got justice in the end. It's a shame her so-called mother didn't get to face up to her actions of neglect and unspeakable treatment of her daughter. This story reduced me to tears and broke my heart.
One person found this helpful
on 24 January 2017
This book truly speaks from the heart, I was so enticed throughout the whole of it, would definitely recommend this book.
on 24 April 2016
What's story, it never fails to amaze me how sadistic human beings can be, truly horrifying, I've read some stories but this drained me, hope the very best for Lisa.
on 12 September 2011
This book was one of several that I downloaded quickly just before a recent holiday based only on overall ratings. I didn't even know it was a true account initially but that pretty soon became clear. Beautifully and honestly written and like everyone else who has reviewed the book I could not put it down until I knew for sure that Lisa had escaped the clutches of that evil man - and seen justice done. How brave to find a way of coping with such crude brutality and maintaining such a lucid grip on her potential future free of it. Outstanding account!
on 25 May 2017
Great book and great service