Customer reviews

Love and Kisses
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.19

on 21 December 2013
I was really looking forward to this book as someone recommend it to me comparing it to Jacqueline Wilson's Kiss & Love Lessons. The beginning and middle were good hence had me eager to turn the next page. Although towards the end it did get quite confusing I must admit. Other than that this book really does show the emotions a young teen would have during their first love.
on 9 May 2009
This is the story of the dilemmas of first love, sensitively explored. Tamsin's emotions are both powerful and real as she meets Alex and tries to come to terms with differences in age and origin.The author demonstrates respect and understanding for Tamsin's feelings and for her journey to resolve the many conflicts that inevitably arise. It is a story of twists and turns, relationships and humour, visitors from near and far and two delightfully dotty aunts who inadvertently help Tamsin to reach a decision. In 'Love and Kisses', the author takes risks in tackling a subject that could be controversial but which expertly weaves its way towards a difficult but decisive conclusion. This is a story insightfully written. A must for all teenagers facing the power of love for the very first time
on 9 June 2012
THIS IS A QUICK AND EASY READ. ITS PERFECT 4 COSYING UP WITH. I READ IT IN 30 MINS NOT BCUZ I RUSHED IT BUT BCUZ IT WAS GOOD,QUICK AND EASY.
I RECOMMEND THIS 4 9-12 YR OLDS ALTHOUGH TEENS CAN READ IT BUT PROB ONLY WHEN THEY WANT 2 READ SOMETHING QUICK AND EASY
BYE FROM A GIRL IN YR 7.
I LUV THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY!
on 30 July 2012
This book addresses the issues which many girls face - falling in love with someone you shouldn't. Tamsin knows that she shouldn't be with Alex, but she tells him she is older than she is just so that she can be with him. But when she does eventually tell Alex that she has been lying, he says that they cannot be together. Tamsin finds this hard to deal with, as many girls do when they break up with their boyfriends. Jean Ure approaches the subject in a sensitive and adult way, but also in a way that teens can relate to and understand. The book has a good ending which shows that you can pick yourself up and lead a good life even if you have lost someone you thought you loved.
on 2 March 2014
This book is so romantic!! At first I thought it would just be a book about young romance but then there is all the stuff about patty, the ghost and the talking of going to Spain.

I would recommend this book for 12-14 year olds.
I will definitely be reading some more Jean Ure (this was the first one I have read)

You will love this book if you like reading about young romance with a bit of mystery!
on 14 April 2012
Wow! Jean Ure has done a fantastic job on this novel. It must have beem a difficult decision for Tamsin to tell the truth, and the ghost, really wanted me to read on. People who are looking at my reveiw and who haven't read this book probably don't know what I am talking about so I am not giving too much away. This book is worth the money and more! A fabulous book with a fabulous ending [sort of!!!!!]
on 27 August 2013
This was a really good book and I have read it twice because it's one of those books that you can read again and again which is great! I think it's more for older children-(12-14) because it might be quite hard for younger ones to understand it completely though if you like Jacqueline Wilson books I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy this. Four stars :)
on 30 June 2014
This book was really touching!!! I even cried at some parts cause that's the kinda person I am!!! The story's about a young girl who falls in love with a guy that's to old for her! I won't tell you anymore cause I don't want to spoil it! I would recommend this book to ages 10-14. From Lois age 10 !
on 1 June 2012
I thought this book was brilliant. This was the first book I bought on my kindle so was a bit nervous to see what it was like but when I stared reading I couldn't stop.Before buying this book I had never heard of Jean Ure But would definitely read one of her books again.
on 27 December 2012
It was a brilliant book which tort you a brilliant moral that you should never tell lies or do something silly then regret it for the rest of your life but by then it is to late to stop loving . A brilliant book which Teach's you lots of different things and morals .