Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.74

on 26 January 2015
I purchased this book because I stumbled across the free pod-cast read by John Lenahan.

I had already listen to half of the book on this pod-cast and loved it and thought it would be good to read along.

It's a great middle-grade fantasy that can be read, both by adults and children alike. Though the free pod-cast can be used by both, it can be a great help and make it easier for some to read along.

I look forward to reading the second book in the series and using the free pod-cast for that book too. So I give this book a good 4 stars as it's a great book, but would have given the 5 stars if I was still 12.
on 21 October 2015
I stumbled across Shadowmagic on Podiobooks and was in awe of the characters, story, and Lenahan's reading. Shadowmagic II was as good, as was pt. 3. Soon, I have no doubt, they'll be a movie. I only hope it's made by a decent production team and director: if it is, it'll be as good as Harry Potter.
on 10 March 2015
Great book well written, onto the 2nd part right away. I normally pick an author and if I enjoy the first book read I exhaust all the books, looks like I have found my next reading marathon.
on 11 July 2016
Nicely paced, great characters and hilariously funny, this is a thoroughly entertaining read! I absolutely loved it.
on 14 May 2017
brilliant series really enjoyed it. found it gives a really good story and the humour is brilliant
on 17 December 2012
This is not the usual sort of book I read, but it sounded like it could be good fun and it was.I don't think its just for younger readers either.I liked the adventure and the sense of fun, the characters,both human and not so human.It was an entertaining imaginative world to step into and I really enjoyed it.
on 3 June 2017
Swift delivery. Item as described. I just love the series.
on 2 May 2017
Interesting yarn
on 6 January 2013
I have never read John Lenahan before so I was not sure to expect, but to my surprise it was a well written fantasy with just the right amount of magic,fight scenes and love interest. I highly recommend reading it to wile away a few hours.
on 3 December 2014