on 4 April 2017
After the first two Anna Travis novels, Clean Cut is a step down in turns of quality.
Rather than a shortage of ideas we have the exact opposite - there is so much going on here that the author could have written two gripping books instead of this rather muddled one.
The author seems aware of this as there are quite a few scenes where we have the plot and characters explained to us - and thank goodness because a few times I became totally lost as to which thread I was following.
It's well written, characters are well drawn and there a few classic La Plante moments which stick in the mind - but as a whole, it was just too much for one novel.
on 22 March 2017
A thoroughly enjoyable read, a cracking procedural jigsaw. The tension between Anna and Langton electrifying, through to the successful conclusion.
on 16 March 2017
Couldn't stop reading it. Just wish I'd read the previous Anna Travis series in order. Not that it Mattered with the storyline. thought the facts must of been well researched, and liked the characters, especially Harry. Who says what most people think. Have to read the rest of rest of he books now.
on 29 January 2017
Avery good and well written stat at times very deep disturbing an blood thirsty there is a lot of real truth mix in with the fiction well done Lynda
on 10 March 2017
I tried, I really tried with this one but dear me I couldn't get into this one, it just read very wooden to me. It seemed like the story was stretched as far as it could go when it could have been told in half the time.
on 16 May 2017
A well written book with many twists an turns. A horrific story line that made you think what an awful world we live in
on 24 September 2017
Always enjoy books by Lynda la Plante and will be buying more in the Anna Travis series
on 7 June 2017
Certainly in your face carve up and chase to find the culprit. Once started not easy to put down.Great book in the series.
on 31 August 2017
Excellent read and well worth getting to the end of the book
on 20 March 2017
Typical La Plant. Good read.