on 24 August 2013
I am a longstanding fan of Marian Keyes and her work. I have bought all of her books now, though horrendously out of chronological order. I loved this book, which I believe is one of her earlier efforts. The book conjures up Dublin in the nineties very vividly, and I enjoyed that very much.

The characters are interesting and diverse and I did care about them. The fact that there was no mystery or event at the heart of the plot was refreshing, and I loved how character-led the story was.

I have never read a book by Marian I didn't like. Her work is so warm and so real I feel it transcends the chick lit genre.
on 7 July 2014
Such a great book. Marian is a great writer and knows what the reader wants. It's funny and sad but all in the right places. Ashling is an adorable character and it is great to see other characters form and change around her. Plus it is a perfect and heart warming ending that I was hoping would happen.
on 5 December 2017
Perfect.Thank you .
on 3 November 2017
A very easy holiday read!
on 1 August 2016
Great story but crap editing. For an author of this calibre I would have hoped for better. Never mind Marian, u rock
on 5 May 2017
Always brilliant Marian Keyes never fails to impress.
on 8 August 2013
The characters are so well described, you actually feel you know them. I think everyone will have met one of the characters in their life. It's not a love story but a life story with revelations and clarity that comes with experience. Thoroughly enjoyed it made me laugh, cry at the same time.
on 30 May 2017
Marion Keys maintains her high standard for storyline , style of writing and portrayal of characters. Great read
on 14 January 2014
I'm a big fan of Marian Keyes- and she doesn't disapoint with this one! I don't think I've been disapointed with any of her books, and this one I finished in one sitting!
on 28 May 2016