Customer reviews

The Shops
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 28 March 2018
Already have the book which was bought for me as a present quite sometime ago! I thought it would be a lovely present to give my sister-in-law. It is now a little dated but still an interesting read and can help with regards to purchasing things from Clothes to Childrens Toys, Kitchen Ware, perfumes & cosmetics as said a little dated now but well worth the read.
on 16 July 2016
This book was like a cross between Shops, and an Autobiography.

I enjoyed it and I learned a lot which is always good but it seemed to jump between a book about shops and a book about India's life.

I really enjoyed some eliminates of the book however I would like to have seen more coverage of Fashion & Style.
on 3 August 2015
This is one of my most favourite books ever. Full of tons of information and shopping/gift suggestions but main reason I love it is for the wonderful stories from the author's life that she gives us which help us to connect with why she loves an item or shop so much. Useful, touching, funny, I brought this years ago in paperback and now have it on my Kindle. I re-read it often. Loads of website information too so not out of date at all. Only criticism, it is slightly London-centric, but India herself apologises for that so I forgive her!
on 4 November 2017
Full of interesting tips and information.
on 23 March 2017
Utter rubbish - boring waffle.
on 21 February 2004
One of the best books I have read in a long time. India Knights' meandering style of prose is addictive. I am half way though and am already starting to feel disappointed that I will finsih it soon. Another instalment is surely on its way. Perfect to buy for your selves or as the author says anyone who needs to shop.
5 people found this helpful
on 31 August 2014
Please write an update India, this is fab
on 24 July 2009
This book is great, loads of varied information and imaginative ideas, I love shopping but sometimes struggle to get different gifts, so this is perfect to dip into when I am stuck, and pretty much covers everything.
on 10 January 2010
very well written just think india knight rocks a must buy for any woman here that for men who don`t like shopping.
on 28 February 2013
Loads of typos in the e-book version which is off-putting and basically just a list of websites the author likes. As this book was published so long ago lots of the website info is incorrect.

I also found India Knight's style is really annoying - all this stuff about her parents not being married and her not liking to talk to her boyfriend about her bowel movements. Probably don't mention them over and over in a book, then.