on 24 August 2015
This book was the most dreadful novel I've ever read. There was virtually no plot/story line and it ended exactly the same way it started. There was a weird thing about Simon (the main character) trying to find out what tune his father was whistling which I didn't get. It was the only book I've ever been bored of after 10 pages. Sadly I had to read this awful book from start to finish as I got it as a school project :(
on 20 December 2017
perfect
on 14 January 2016
Good read,
on 9 April 2016
I picked this book up in a waiting room, and it grabbed me from the word go - had to get a copy to read the rest of it!
A good writer
on 5 June 2017
Easily stuck into the book I recommend this book to children everywhere on this world and people on Mars if there is any.
on 26 October 2013
I have given flour babies four stars because it is a bit boring on some pages(nothing happens) but it is a great idea for a book-i it is not just about a boy who gets a strange assignment but he learns why his father left him and many other things.
on 8 January 2016
Daughter busy reading this book just now and keeping her quiet!
on 13 January 2016
good book
on 12 April 2017
Not bad not great
on 28 April 2014
I felt this book was very exciting and inspired me to read on. I liked the way Simon's mum talked to him across the table and in every other part she came up in. Simon is a very, confident bad boy who isn't afraid to do something bad and get into troubleness like when the book says 'So what if he gets another detention. He didn't care'. I loved the character, Mr Cartright because he made me picture a stern looking teacher who loves shouting at his class. The teachers in this book made me at least think of one teacher who have taught me. Characters like Gwyn Phillips and Sajid you could really imagine how much trouble they would get in if they really existed. I found the last chapter highly disappointing as I think the Author should have let our main character, Simon Martin phone his dad, tell his mum about what happened that day or at least have Mr Cartright shout one more time but all the other chapters deserve five stars. I would recommend this book to secondary school students around Year 9s (second term). The way the characters act would defiantly appeal to them and I would say senior school would like it as well. I would give this book four stars because as I said the last chapter was disappointing but the rest were all good. Good words and characters were used so the author did a good job but just has to work on how to finish a book.