on 24 April 2011
I bought this as a replacement to earlier Garmin model (50) as I was unable to replace the battery on the 50. The FR60 is technically excellent. Unfortunately after 9 months the strap has just disintegrated. The watch is still good but the strap is not replaceable so now I have to just carry it or tape it to my bike handlebars. Its true that I wear it every day as a normal watch but surely it should last more than 9 months.
on 28 June 2011
Box was very dusty, so Amazon had clearly had these sitting around for a long time - hence the discount! Works fine, but Amazon description gave impression that the USB stick to connect with the Garmin on-line facility was included, but it's not.
on 2 September 2010
I got the Fr60 as a replacement for the Fr50 as it was faulty. For the first few months it worked fine. Now the front of the watch has got very shabby and the layer of skin surrounding the face is bubbling and pealing only after 8-9 months. It looks as if it was sitting in the sun though I live in Ireland so not a possibility!! I called Garmin and they were very unhelpful so they have just lost a customer.
VINE VOICEon 12 October 2011
Having used Timex watches before, I was concerned that the heart monitor might stop working after a period of use (my experience with Timex), but the Garmin heart monitor strap seems to be much more reliable. There are a couple of features I miss from my Timex watch (e.g. my recovery rate and current heart zone) but generally it's a great watch. I like the large display and comfortable watch strap. The memory of prior runs is also a great feature, so I can easily see when I ran and how hard and far. The menu system is very simple to use with up/down buttons and "back" to return. I separately bought the optional foot pod and found it to be very reliable (it guessed I had ran 25.2 miles when I'd completed 26.2) and I'll probably calibrate it to improve the accuracy. The watch display is easy to read while running. It displays the total run duration, not the duration of the current lap. This is generally what I want, but not always. The watch I received was missing a user manual but I found it easily by Googling "fr60 manual" and downloading the PDF file. I'd recommend this watch, but do check the price of the FR60 deal that includes the foot pod - it's definitely worth including.
on 7 May 2011
Great watch and HRM. Very easy to use and get used to. If you get stuck you can just go on the Garmin website and waytch some videos to get tips and advice on how best to use it.

This is my second HRM watch, my first being a Polar brand, and will continue to use Garmin from now on.
on 10 September 2012
I bought my first FR60 in 2009, I've had two replacement watches since (following various technical errors that occur with the watch), My third watch has just died on me with 'ERROR' message following the battery being replaced. Having spent £160 on the original watch and an additional £29 for one of the replacements (it fell outside of the 12month warranty by a month!), I'm a bit loathe to spend any more.
When it works its great, but three watches in three years after £189 spent and all the effort to work with Garmin Customer service ... no thanks ! Buyer beware!
on 27 February 2012
Overall I'm pleased with the product, although I am disappointed that the USB stick to download the data is NOT included in the package. The product description is at best not commital, when describing if the USB stick is included or not. One of the key reasons people buy a product like this is to be able to download and therefore analyse the data, so it's really really surprising that the USB stick is not automatically included. Oh well, more money :).
on 7 March 2013
i bought this to help my running and cycling but its not the greates. it doesnt really sit properly on my wrist and looks a little big and ugly. i guess it was made for men in mind.

i also got the impression that the USB would be included but it wasnt. i guess i should have read the small print. the heart monitor is a good touch, but i feel stupid and uncomfortable running the streets with this on so i just use it in the gym.

the instructions that came with it were good but i still found it a little fidely and had to get my husband to help me with it.

overall its good and it does the job.
on 16 May 2012
I have my second FR60 and my husbands FR60 has given up after 14months too!!
My first one fell apart within a few months of me having it... the little bit that hold the strap together snapped after 2 months of wearing it so I wore a hair band around it to secure and then the actual strap snapped off form the watch body at 11 months - fortunately they were great and sent me a new one as it was still within the 12 months warranty. However my husband is now left trying to replace just the watch as his just had error written on it when he tried changing the battery and they told him it would be a minimum of £89 to repair!
I am very worried as I have persuaded 5 friends that I have helped with training to buy the same watch.
please can they make the new models more sturdy as I can not live without one!!!
on 18 December 2010
Thought I would look into getting myself a running watch and was surprised at how much even the most basic models command.
The Garmin FR60 seems pretty basic. I've used it a few times now and can't say that I'm especially enamoured. The control buttons are not particularly 'user-friendly' and when you are trying to stop-start the thing when out on a run, with cold, pork-sausage-stylie fingers, it can be quite frustrating. Obviously, having bought it, I will persevere and get some use out of it, but, maybe the moral of this story is; " If you're going to treat yourself to a piece of kit to enhance your hobby, Do your research & Don't be a Cheapskate!"

See one answered question