on 3 June 2011
I was lucky enough to get this on special offer at Carphone Warehouse, and I liked it so much I bought a second one from Amazon!

Multipoint connection: I have a work mobile and a personal mobile - the H17 happily connects to my HTC Desire and my Blackberry AT THE SAME TIME, which is invaluable as I spend a considerable amount of time driving across the UK.

Battery: Superb battery life - and it recharges very, very quickly indeed.

Micro USB: Uses the same charger as both my phones.

Comfort: Comes with a choice of ear loops, different textures and sizes. One of the worst things about other Bluetooth headsets is that you find it really uncomfortable once you get it out of the box. With the H17, you get a decent choice of alternative fittings!
on 6 March 2012
I got my first Motorola flip-out style headset 10 years ago and the concept is as great now as it was then - when the phone rings, grab the headset, pop the mouthpiece open and voila - headset switched on, locked in on the phone and ready to go.

This model is great - it informs you of the charge level as soon as you turn it on and locks on and answers my iPhone 4s immediately. The only reason I'm giving it 4 rather than 5 stars is that where as the larger Motorola models can be flipped open and plonked on your ear with one left handed movement, this one is a lot smaller and so requires two hands to complete the same task. Once on though, brilliant. I've tried several other brands including Jawbone since losing my first Motorola device and am now glad to be back in the fold.
on 26 December 2010
Exellent item exellent price delivered very quick i wanted for my partner as a christmas present as i have one already they are in my view the best bluetooth headset on the market
on 16 May 2015
I bought this over a year and a quarter ago, for my personal Moto Razr, and old work Nokia, and it connect wirelessly with both. It's had a flat battery, been dropped, blew off my ear in the wind - twice, been stepped on and DRIVEN OVER by a car, resulting in a small crack and sliver of plastic from the top narrow edge (I wear it on my R ear, as I found that I was hunching up my L shoulder when I wore it on my L ear, causing resulting muscle strain and headaches), and it works STILL WORKS WELL! I don't use the ear buds, because they are uncomfortable and, occasionally, a caller can't hear me well (but I think that's the problem with the network) occasionally, or it's noisy (but a slight readjustment fixes that). Pros and Cons, yes, but nothing insurmountable. The only problem at the moment is the odd static burst it gets offline while I'm wearing it - either all the abuse it's had is catching up or it's just atmospherics (or the network I use - Vodaphone - has been having weird moments where I live (Isle of Wight, UK). I'd recommend this headset greatly, but, as with anything, it's horses for courses...
on 27 January 2012
Brilliant device. No background noise for the person you are talking to, so they are unaware that you are using a bluetooth. Very comfortable and light weight. Links with two mobiles very easily, even whilst in the middle of a call so you can transfer easily. A voice tells you how much battery power you have.
on 8 August 2013
I ordered this product to replace a basic Jabra model who's battery had died. I also wanted something with a higher volume and clearer reception. I decided to spend a bit more money and had read reviews about this model citing both qualities.
The item arrived promptly and I switched it on to be pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to pair (with helpful voice instructions)
I made several phone calls and my friends commented on how clear my voice was.
Unfortunately, my experience was the opposite and all I could hear constantly was (what can only be described as) someone frying bacon in the background. Apart from making me feel peckish it almost gave me a migraine.
Disappointing as it looks and feels like a quality product.
But not good enough at this price.
on 15 April 2013
Its small, light weight, very simply to control no fiddly buttons, as the mouth piece is on off switch, but best of all, the clarity is brilliant, you can be travelling (car/train) and the people you are speaking to when using the phone will be unaware you are in transit, as it cuts virtually all the background noise out.

Over the years, I've tried many. Most having fiddly buttons, tricky to put on, short battery life and muffled sounds for the listener. All the attributes the H17 does not exhibit.

Downside:
They are easy to lose! As they are so light, if they fall on the floor you don't tend to hear them fall. Hence, why I'm on my third H17! :)
on 20 July 2013
Had this product before, it was brilliant in every way, bought from a reputable store, then lost it when I was a Games Maker in the Olympic Village.

No packaging came with this product from the on line dealer, never really worked as good as the other one I bought.
When the set comes on it tells you if you are paired with the mobile and the battery strength, this is a great when it works, volume is still to low on high setting.

Maybe I just got a bad one, but I would Highly recommend buy from your local store. pay the extra and try it out, but NOT THIS DEALER.
on 25 June 2013
I have had one of these for about 3 years until I put it through the washing machine. They are really good - they do not sit right in your ear , but you can still hear very clearly. I especially like the auidle voice sattaing if the phone is connected/not connected or the battery is low - it saves you trying to find and interpret some tiny light on the device.....and the phone I put through the washing mcahine? After 2 weeks, it started working again - with no decrement in sound quality!
on 8 December 2012
What's to say. My last one survived three years. It was that good when it came to replacing it I had to get another.