on 21 February 2014
After reading so many positive reviews I had to give this a go for the money (£15)
I love being outdoors but the cold just makes me feel ill so I take my layering quite seriously- or so I thought.
It doesn't matter if you are active or if you work in a cold environment, put this on and you are comfortable, and you stay comfortable!

I am 5'11" and reasonably slim with a 43" chest and the large fits perfectly but not skin tight tight thankfully.
I'm wearing mine at work as my office is freezing, yesterday I wanted to put my coat on over my suit, today The coat and jacket are off!
I will do an update after a few washes but the quality seems very good.
Cotswold Outdoor have an offer on a twin pack at £40 which seems a bargain until you factor in the postage (around £6)
Anyway, I'm off to order some more.
UPDATE 10/03/2014;
Do you know when you see a kid in a spiderman suit that they wont take off? Well thats me and Helly Hansen.
I watched a game of football in a wide-open and very windy space a couple of weeks ago,it was around 5-6 degrees and apparently 'well wrapped up' people were leaving before half time. I was only wearing a berghaus fleece over my Helly but I was as warm as toast. I wear it on my daily walk, take it off and wash it when back at home, it's almost dry enough to wear straight from the washing machine, and after half a dozen washes it still looks brand new. It is very comfortable, not too tight fitting, warm and dry. I have now ordered the tee shirt to stop the missus calling me spiderman.
on 17 December 2017
I am pleased with this top's performance. It is light, comfy and warm for winter walking. As others have commented it is a snug fit, which I prefer. I am 5ft 10inches tall, and about 13 stones, and a Large is a good fit for me as the fabric stretches comfortably to fit. It is, however, a little shorter in the body than I had expected, but that might be a function of my long torso/short legs combination! Works well with the matching tights.
on 12 January 2018
Thin, keeps me nice and warm, but I wish it didn't have the black pattern down the arms, means I cant wear it under most of my work clothes during winter. The collar is high up, higher than most clothes I wear it under so it is visible. If not for the black pattern this would be fine.

However, as a base layer, this is perfect for keeping warm/cool all year round, it wicks away sweat nicely, and is perfect for these winter months.
on 21 March 2017
A little snugger than expected and runs quite short, so don't walk around with your arms over your head, but very good quality, nice and warm and saw me through a winter of outdoor, night time running very well under just a jacket. Considering buying another one so I can wear it whilst this one is being washed!
on 30 September 2013
I bought this on a recommendation from an ultralite hiking enthusiast for a 10 day hike through the Pyrenees, and I can wholeheartedly endorse the aforementioned recommendation.

Light and breezy in the heat of the day, yet astonishingly warm during the cold of the night. The fit is brilliant and the garment weighs almost nothing.

The wicking is sublime and it was my favourite article reluctantly replaced by a Karrimor brillo pad t-shirt after a few days.

A no brainer purchase for most hikers at the very least.
on 23 December 2017
These are great for running, winter sports or military. Just a fast wicking layer that'll help keep you warm. Only problem I can only wear for one day before it smells, must be the material. But otherwise, excellent base layer.
on 4 March 2018
Have bought HH lifa tops since my army days.I had no hesitation to buy some more as the price was right. There are excellent as cold weather running tops or base layers. Would definitely recommend.
on 6 June 2017
The best wicking vest on the market in my opinion. I just love this product this is my second one and I have tried a few other but alay go back to the HH one when I do an event
on 9 April 2016
Really impressed with this base layer, I have a number of them that have been purchased over the past 20 years. One thing I've noticed is the material seems to change each year but on a positive side this production run is super soft and the best yet.
on 13 January 2017
Lovely HH product, good sizing, washes and dries really well. It is pricey but seller sold at a good price at time I purchased. My partner wears it under leathers on a motobike and swears by it as a great base layer. Good seller and price so tks.