on 8 January 2011
I read loads of camera reviews before I decided on this one for my 5 year for christmas. I was after a camera that wouldn't break when left on the floor or dropped but was portable unlike those Kidizoom ones. We all love Lego so this was an obvious choice but I was worried about the picture quality etc. In short the quality is ok/fine/what you would expect, not as good as my camera but then it doesn't need to be. I think you can clearly see the pics in the screen, the flash does seem to over expose things but, you can easily turn it off. On this note the functionality is great, she understood the button functions within minutes. I was also worried about not being able to download the photos onto a MAC - No problem. I just plugged it into the back of the MAC with the supplied USB cable and they all automatically imported. So, we have created her a folder within IPhoto for all her snaps. She is more than happy with her funky new camera and has declared herself official family photographer! Paperchase do a lovely little padded media case that it fits in a treat.
on 3 September 2011
The LEGO camera is attractive to children who want to be able to take pictures easily to transfer to computer. However without a flash or auto aperture the pictures are worse than terrible either too dark, or over exposed and washed out. I would recommend instead buying a known brand digital camera that is just as easy for a child to use - with auto focus/zoom and removable memory card. After three months of minimal use this camera is unserviceable. Have a look at the FUJI point and shoot style digital cameras instead.
on 1 May 2011
Bought for my daugters 5th birthday and very impressed. It's very easy and straightforward to use and she very qucikly got the hang of it and enjoyed taking her own pics. It's quite sturdy but also lightweight and not bulky. It has a "big girl's camera" feel but is very user friendly. Prev tried another make with an auto flash which always over exposed pics to the point of white out - this one has an auto flash but you can also easily click it off as and when required and again it's so easy she can do this herself (it shows on the screen). OK pic quality, about what you would expect from a kiddie camera. Very pleased with our purchase, think it will last her sometime.
on 28 December 2012
This is a lovely fun camera for the little ones. My daughter loves lego so this was an ideal gift for her. It is very easy to use, even for a 4 or 5 year old. Of course it does not have many functions and the flash is of very low quality so pictures should be taken in well-lit environments, but I didn't expect anything else from a children's camera. It is also smaller than most other kids's cameras and fits nicely in any bag. My only complaint is that the battery life is very short.