Colour: Copper|Change

on 14 March 2013
I usually buy Sony headphones as the quality of the sound output is brilliant. Unfortunately I had my handbag stolen a couple weeks ago with my precious earphones inside. I cannot do without my music, specially at the gym or at work.
Due to the theft my budget was squeezed. I found these Soundmagic ones on Amazon after doing some research on recommended 'budget' earphones, and after reading the reviews decided to give them a go.

They are blooming marvellous!!! Really awesome base, and really great quality. Not tinny at all. In fact, I cannot tell the difference between these and my old ones. These are actually more comfortable in my ears.
They block sound out very well. As I type this I am listening to music and cannot hear the keyboard.

Highly highly recommended!
on 9 March 2017
tidy
on 16 November 2012
These earphones are pretty good for the price. Comfortable in the eat, giving a reasonable level across the range, they are perfect if you are looking for something that won't break the bank.
on 30 April 2017
Great little earphones for the price
on 16 February 2013
The headphones were good until they lost there volume due to dropping them which annoyed me, however the time they worked sounded good.
on 6 October 2010
I am fussy when it comes to headphones. I have always bought Sony headphones before and am quick to check the frequency range in the technical requirements and wouldn't usually buy any for under £30. I was a bit wary of the glowing reviews these headphones received on here and wondered how they could sound so good for so cheap but it seems........they can! I use them with my iPod and generally listen to rock and electronic music. The sound is rich and bassy. Perhaps a bit too bassy for guitar based songs but a quick adjustment on my iPod EQ fixes this. The noise cancelling is excellent and you get loads of ear buds to accommodate for all sizes. They're ace!
on 31 December 2013
Rubbish, if i'd realized i'd bought from here earlier, I'd have left my one star review earlier.

Stopped working within the first month, light use at my desk, shocking!!!!! stay away!!!

Haven't even received a reply from the seller asking for a replacement.

3rd pair of different types of these headphones all rubbish and these and the pl30's stopped working in less than a month, another pair was even worse lasted a week!!! 3 different editions of these, pl11, pl30 and anothers which name I can't remember, all failed me!
on 2 October 2012
I thought the headphones were alright, not the best sound ever. Then, I heard some music with them, biked to my gym, plugged them in and the left one didn't work. The connection is suddenly very loose at the head. I should hope I can return them, as they are obviously very delicate. I shall not be buying SoundMAGIC again.
on 11 February 2011
These headphones are a little out of my usual pair as i usually settle for a set of sennhieser in-ear headphones that set you back at roughly £40.
My mate recommended these as he said they had superb bass and and a gentle treble that softly interacts in the music to create a smooth sound finish and a very clean sound also.

The headphones come with all different shapes and sizes of in-ear buds to suit anyone with different shaped ears, even though i wouldn't recommend the foam ear buds if your ear canal rapidly decreases in width as this can effect the quality of the bass that you can hear through the ear buds.

Another good thing about these headphones is that both of the leads are the same size meaning that you do not wear it round the the neck. The reason i have brought this up is that i have problems in the past from headphones that you wear round the neck and the left earphone goes after a while due to general stress and wear and tear from constantly being tugged out of the ear.

Now onto the comfort...
I consider comfort to be the 2nd most important part of headphones since if you can't enjoy the music comfortably, you cannot enjoy the music. These fit in the ears very comfortably and do not stick out and therefore not causing stress on the cartilage.

The sound quality...
The sound quality is surprisingly very impressive for such a cheap set of in-ear headphones. The headphones manage to capture the right amount of bass and depth in the field of the music so as to create a natural reverb when you listen to it. The high frequencies of the music neatly glide over the top and in intense music, do not reduce the quality of the bass.

One slight problem i have had is from me being a perfectionist, when the music is turned up full, the headphones do surprisingly well to cope with such a demand. But then you can hear the quality is somewhat slightly effected in the bass end due to slight clipping from the higher frequencies.

Overall i would highly recommend as a good buy especially if you want them as a pair that you can use anywhere
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2011
After a lot of reasearch by me and my son (we both needed a pair) we finalised on these as - going by reviews - they appeared more reliable than the Sennheiser alternative. They also got good comments re sound quality.

One set arrived only working on one channel so were returned so do not appear to be any more reliable than others. My son kept the other set and although these appear to be working OK the sound in my opinion is not that great. Tinny and boxy and far from 'superbass'.
These were to replace a set of Creative Lab cheapos that I liked but lost and so I have ordered a new set of those.