Price:£3.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 14 February 2015
These mutes are excellent for normal use - it fits well in use, and stays on the strings when not. I attach a tiny blob of blu-tack so that when it is not being used (99.99%) of the time, it actually sticks to my tailpiece. It is not the quietest mute - one or two have complained. There are more substantial mutes for quiet practice. This is not for quiet practice - this is for using when the music says 'con sordini'.
on 7 July 2014
The mute is a small tiny thing and successful in reducing the sound intensity. Not too difficult to put on. However only reduce sound intensity a small amount, I wish it will reduce it more to protect my children's long term hearing more
VINE VOICEon 11 January 2016
These Stentor mutes are fantastic. The only slight problem is that they have a tendency to slide up towards the bridge when not in use, which results in a rattle, but as they are so easy to put on and off, they can easily be removed when not needed.
on 17 January 2013
It's a nice little addition to my violin, and although it doesn't make the sound very much quieter, it sweetens the sound, so that I can actually stand my own playing!
on 8 August 2012
This was exactly what I wanted. I would always have to play in another room to the dogs before as the sound was too much for their sensitive ears, but now with the tourte mute I can play in the same room whilst they are sleeping! It doesn't mute it completely, but reduces the sound enough for it to be less annoying for neighbours, family and dogs!
on 15 April 2011
Excellent price and works absolutely fine for orchestral use or slightly quietened practice. Not much to say really, does its job!
on 21 July 2010
There isn't much I can say about it really, its a violin mute and it mutes my violin so works, its small and stays on the strings when not in use so I wont loose it easily. I cant complain really, but nor can i get particularly excited as after all it is only a mute.
on 11 November 2013
I bought this mute mainly because of the price and because the other reviews were good. HOWEVER, when I first started using it I noticed something wasn't quite right -- everything sounded the exact same! It's flimsy, barely sits on the bridge and is constantly coming off. Complete waste of money. Next time I'll opt for a more expensive option...
on 3 July 2013
Excellent mute but it will only work correctly on a thin toped bridge as the gap is quite small. Could be altered with a little care and a Stanley knife to widen the gap
on 7 March 2014
My bridge collapses every time I use this. It's too tight so it takes to much effort to move it and then if I am in a rush it just takes the bridge with it.