on 17 January 2014
I found that these reflectors stay on the wheel very well after they have been fitted and they provide an excellent amount of visibility to cars pulling out of junctions.

As a rider who commutes a lot on the bike a problem I often used to face was cars pulling out from side streets; sometimes they would see me and slam on the brakes at the last minute but very often they didn't...

I have learned to always pre-empt their careless driving by covering the brakes (and even slowing down slightly) ready for their dangerous manoeuvre thus preventing an accident on more than one occasion.

With these reflectors fitted I noticed immediately that cars 'edge out' from a junction much less often and even though I still cover my brakes when I see a car in a side road I have had far fewer drivers pull out on me.

I would recommend these reflectors to anybody who rides a bike on public roads and although some people have said they only need to put them on every second or third spoke I recommend that you fit them on every spoke on your bike to give yourself the maximum amount of safety.

I purchased a 36 pack which covered all of my front spokes and most of my back ones but I have since ordered a second pack to give me complete coverage.

As well as commuting I also race in time trials and have done a long 18 minutes for a '10' so I wasn't sure if they would hold up to many hours of training on rough or downhill roads but since fitting these they have never come loose so I am confident that they are of good quality.

After buying the reflectors it made me realise that perhaps I wasn't nearly as visible as I should be when riding in the dark (even with my expensive led lights) so decided to buy these rechargeable lights which have both come with good reviews.

Magicshine MJ-818 rechargeable rear bike light bike

KK-LIGHT 1800 Lumen CREE XML-T6 + XPE-R2

I will review them myself when they come in the post :)
on 30 November 2011
I have 2 lights on the front of my bike and 2 on the back, but the side of my bike is very lacking in any kind of light or reflection.
These reflectors are perfect.
The spokes I have on my wheels are different most as they are flat (not rounded). I wasn't sure if these reflectors would fit, but they do, perfectly. It takes a second to attach each one and they way almost nothing.
I felt that there was enough reflectors to put on both my bike and my partner's bike (front and back wheels), and I know that we will be seen. My partner has the normal round spokes, and these also fit perfectly on them.
I wish I bought these reflectors years ago.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2013
These work great at night to light up my spokes to anyone with a light, my friend on his bike says my whole wheels look white as he has good lights! I have seen his as well and they do look very good, glad I got these. Please note: you will not see your wheels light up as the pictures but anyone with lights will as the light reflects directly back to them. try from the side shining a light on them in the dark and spin the wheel, looks alright!
on 8 March 2014
I tend to be a sort of 'belt and braces' cyclist in that I don not rely just on a couple of lights. I have used these reflectors on some pretty rough ground and I have not yet lost any. They show up brilliantly in many forms of light and not just car headlights. I would strongly recommend their use as they will massively improve the chances of you being seen - especially from the sides when your bike lights are shining forward or backward.
on 3 January 2016
These spoke reflectors work really well and stand out but once you have ridden in the winter weather they seem to attract dirt. Very difficult to clean. OK if you are cycling in the dry weather.
VINE VOICEon 19 November 2014
These are good. I have a bright shiny light on the front of my bike. I have a bright flashy red light on the back, and another on my helmet. And these clip onto your spokes to provide side coverage - they are coated in scotchlite which is a hugely reflective material. They clip on very securely, don't seem to fall off, and reflect headlights back very nicely. I'll take them off in the summer, but for the next few months, while I am riding in the dark, these will make me just a little bit easier to see.
on 8 April 2013
As a regular commuter these clips are very lightweight, but very bright in car headlights. I have had them on the bike for a while now and they haven't come lose and haven't lost their reflectiveness. I regularly wash the bike to keep it clean, I think this helps to keep the clips being reflective.
on 6 February 2014
I had these installed on my main commuter bike - one set spread split onto two wheels (18 per wheel). It wasn't until I bought a set for my wife's bike that I noticed how well they reflect. That is, until you are the actual source from which you shine onto the spokes (ie at a side view). It quite impressive.

Highly recommend.
on 22 April 2012
I just had a minicab driver pull out from a side street and then slow down beside me and complement me for being a sensible cyclist for having these. Apparently as he came up to the junction, these made me very visible. They really do massively improve side visibility (given lights only really make you visible from the front and back).
on 1 August 2012
These provide an essential increase in visibility from all angles when light reflects off them - they are extremely simple to clip in, clean, remove but the whole packet weighs less than the two reflectors they replaced.

Certainly a worthwhile upgrade if you ride in the dark or commute regularly.

To my surprise these also clip onto bladed spokes too.