on 13 March 2017
I presume the 'big bomber base near Morpeth' was RAF Morpeth using Druridge Bay! (My godfather & uncle, John Edwards who went on to become the Administrator of Papworth Hospital for 40 years where they did the first heart-transplants in this country, was supposed to have been our most highly-decorated pilot - my father will know exactly what as I only met him once when I was 8!) (Perhaps someone in the know can look him up for me).
on 6 September 2013
This book is definatley one of my all time favourite books. Guy Gibsons account of not just the Dams Raid but of his experiences of bomber and night fighters is delightful, funny, tragic and interesting!.
on 22 November 2013
I have only read the first chapter, it appears to be a good read. Looking forward to getting back to it, and what he had to say about those in authority.
on 11 June 2013
seller dispatched book promptly and was as described.....it was a surprise for my husband and he is absolutely delighted. not many of these books around
on 27 September 2014