Customer reviews

on 17 May 2013
I have to say that this is the best iron soleplate protector ever! I have been using the cheap, thin white iron shoes before I found this one, there is no comparison. Don't waste your money on cheaper items, just go for this one, it will save you money in the long run. It is sturdy and doesn't bend or warp with a very hot iron, it glides over any fabric, thick or thin, brilliant for silky fabrics or nets, and just as good on thicker chunky curtain fabrics. My iron is on the small side and this plate still fits nice and snug, giving a larger ironing base. It doesn't matter about the size of your iron, this will fit. The cheap iron shoes are paper thin and will tear after a time, but not this one, it's fab. It stays clean and lovely, it doesn't move or shift about once it's on the iron, it's so easy to put on and remove, and my iron seems to be steaming better as well, as it allows the steam to escape properly. Really, I can't praise it highly enough.
on 22 August 2015
Bought this item, arrived really quickly. I scorched the bottom of my iron so reading the comments i decided to try it. Glad I did its large for my iron but because it has a elasticated cord to fit over the handle it doesn't move around. Brilliant idea.I would recommend it.
on 22 March 2017
it is perfect.
on 17 May 2014
I would highly recommend this product. I have a second one and I liked it that much I bought another one I case I was unable to get it when I needed it.
on 24 September 2013
I confess I bought this product solely by looking at the user reviews on Amazon, they're always reliable. When it arrived I was surprised it was so solid and well made. It's really another sole plate which you attach at the pointed end with the two little expanding wires going underneath your iron sole plate and another strong expanding wire which you put over the whole iron to hold securely. No previous reviews I read said what sort of iron they had though it is supposed to be a universal fitting so I was relieved that it did actually fit my Phillips steam generator iron. It's slightly larger so when you first iron it feels a bit strange but oh the joy of gliding over fabrics with no black sticky marks. After a minute you wonder why all irons don't come with a textile protector plate like this. The only slight negative is that it makes the iron a very tight fit to place on the generator rest so you need to be really sure it's on safely and securely. Don't carry on using those useless sole plate cleaners buy this and you won't regret it.
on 11 May 2012
stops clothes burning and getting shine. Easily glides onto any existing iron. Would recommend to those who like to get their ironing perfect, especially good for delicate fabric, can be used with or without steam.
on 5 August 2012
Look for 1 of these for a while and finally found a very good 1..Now theres no problem in ironing black shirts or t-shirts with any sort of material printed on it definitly recommend it...
on 16 March 2013
Had one of these for years, finally gave up the ghost so pleased to find a similar replacement, they are brilliant. A bit expensive but worth it. Happy with all aspects of this purchase.
on 28 November 2012
I purchased this because my steam iron kept making black marks on my clothes which I could not get off. It works perfectly no more marks and I can iron delicate fabrics or press trousers without any problems
on 26 December 2012
does everything it says it will do easy to fit and remove excellent product i would recommend it to anyone