Size: 15ltr|Change

on 17 October 2012
Have used this product for a long time before purchasing this bulk 15 litre box so nothing really to say about the actual product as I would not have bought it in this quantity if I wasn't happy with the job it did doing the washing! As ever with Amazon excellent delivery. Downsides? No information prior to purchase that you need to buy a separate tap in order to dispense and therefore use the liquid without spilling it all over your clothes and the floor. I speak from bitter personal experience! Yes it is cheaper buying in bulk but not by very much at all - a few pence per litre if that. Even less good value for money when you consider that the tap costs £6 plus delivery. Difficult to evaluate how much the spillage cost ... Storing the massive box is going to be a challenge. Upsides? This box will last for ages and fulfils one of my prime reasons for buying it - laziness. Free delivery to my front door and no need to re-order for a long time!
22 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2013
each time you want to use some it requires lifting and tilting the whole box, so very impractical.

I have kept a previous 5L box and I took the bag out of that and used a funnel to decant 5L off into it through the screw tap end (which I forceably removed and then replaced). I'm not sure what to do if the 5L box bag either fails or the screw tap end won't pop off and on again another time!

The 15L box is safety stowed away for when the 5L box is empty. It was getting increasingly difficult to source refillable ecover and have managed that now. However, thinking about it.. any 5 litre container can easily receive the contents (like an empty 5l water bottle and is easy to pour (the 5L one sits on its side though on a shelf and has the tap dispenser so works far better).

It does work out a lot cheaper, and saves on separate trips to the shops so more economical there too.
on 16 May 2016
I bought this as I have been using Ecover laundry liquid for a while and it's difficult to find the large containers. The box has a tap, which allows you to fill a smaller bottle for ease of use.
The laundry liquid is efficient and smells lovely
on 1 May 2015
Great - much cheaper and cleans well. Our only reason for four stars is that we feel it should have come with a tap to help us pour, but you have to buy these separately. My husband copes without, but it is a fiddle. We'd still buy though, as it is far more economical. Unless you are well and able-bodied though, you'd have no hope of moving the box and pouring.
on 11 March 2015
I attempted a refill operation yesterday and found to my dismay that the two green collars identified on the base of the box as not required for domestic users (and therefore not supplied) are required. Without some means of holding the tap securely in a fixed position it is easy to waste the liquid. As you may understand the whole point of me buying in bulk is based on my personal eco principles, to waste any of the liquid therefore renders this a waste of time. The method of re-filling an empty container is the same whether it's retail or domestic, so why are the collars not required for domestic use ? I bought the tap at the same time as the liquid and now find I need to make something up to retain the tap.
Come on people....get on it!
on 31 August 2013
This is clearly only designed for the trade, it arrived 2 weeks later than they said it would arrive, (there's no way of tracking it within that time) then when you open it there is just a screw cap, if you are trade you receive a pouring tap but not if you are just a humble home owner, so its ok if we spill it everywhere trying to decant it. Otherwise the product is fine, as any other ecover product, good for sceptic tanks etc. pleasant smell but if you put too much in seems to smell of moth balls/ camphor which isn't so nice.
on 12 May 2013
This product can not be easily used straight from the box... it would need a proper spiggot. So you must have to hand another large bottle and a funnel to transfer a bit of the product to use in the wash..
THe postmen did not want to lift it to deliver to me, and brought it to the depot for me to coleect, which defeated the purpose of ordering it in the first place.
Also the plastic inside is way to thin, and can break any second! Not worth the savings.
on 10 November 2012
The liquid does its job on the washing, but the cardboard packaging is not up to standard. Not robust enough to stand up to the delivery service and usually have to repackage it to use.
on 24 August 2016
Lasts our family three months, usually several washes per day. Can't fault this...doesn't have the stain removal power of a bio, but that's expected, and we opted out of bio years ago when our first child was born. We have found this Ecover liquid to be the best in terms of sensitive skin - our youngest has eczema, and even non bio powders would irritate it further (I switched from this to powder for around a year as it was a little cheaper) since I made the switch back in May, his eczema has seen a noticeable improvement.
Smell is delicate and fresh, cleans well (stubborn stains may need an extra boost) and its eco friendly to boot - what's not to love?!
on 14 May 2013
We have been using Ecover products for years after I developed an allergy to soap powder (Bold and even Persil). Since using Ecover products I have had no signs of any itching skin. Also laundry liquid is better for the washing machine, no build up of powder in the pump (powder had blocked my last machine) and Ecover is better for the environment.
I knew ahead of purchase that a tap was needed. The box sits neatly on the shelf in the airing cupboard.