• dnc6s

on 2 February 2010
At home I live in a small two bedroom end of terrace house which has storage heaters rather than a central heating system.
The main issue with this is that if you leave a window or door open in the day, when it's cold, you lose the heat from the house and can't then get it back as you would with central heating. For this reason my wife and I keep the windows and doors shut in the winter.
The issue is we have suffered from very bad condensation on the windows, the air upstairs is damp and cooler(causing my wife to have issues with her asthma). Also we have had lots of issues with mildew!
What was the answer, I was recommended to purchase a Dehumidifier.

I bought this item and have been so impressed with it, it has made a huge change to the issues above! It is now warmer and drier upstairs, also the mildew is much less prevalent and my wife's asthma is much improved. I have been astonished to the volume of water it will take out of the air in a few hours!

I'm a very happy customer!

PROS
- really works very well
- warms the air as well as dehumidifying which is a bonus
- has an option for clothes drying. (we put it next to our airer and it really speeds up the drying time of clothes!)
- timer, so you can put it on at night knowing it will turn off.

CONS
- slightly noisy, but that can't really be helped
on 17 March 2011
I am very pleased with this purchase. The design is modern and very easy to use. It is light which makes it easy to move. I have it in the same room as my dryer and was amazed at how much water was collected. The water container is easy to remove and reinsert. The automatic cut off switch is fantastic, you can set it to 2, 4 or 8 hours and forget about it, when the time is up it turns off itself.De Longhi AriaDry Light Dehumidifier