on 1 June 2016
Easy to use, providing you have a buddy. Perfect to stop people being able to look through your windows. Would highly recommend
review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 August 2017
When we moved into our house, the neighbouring home was empty. It wasn't until new neighbours moved in that we realised not only could we could see them in their house, they could see us in ours. The new neighbours are lovely, but they don't want to see me walking around in my pyjamas first thing in the morning. This reflective film seemed like a good solution.

It comes on a roll, in a cardboard tube. Mine was delivered by Royal Mail. Inside the tube, you get your film, and some instructions. To be honest, I'd also watch a few online videos to see how other people did it.

Before you install, get yourself set up with all the essentials. I ordered d-c-fix® Application set for applying self-adhesive film (includes smoother for flawless finish & knife for cutting), which is a kit with a snap-off bladed Stanley knife, and a two sided squeegee (With a soft felt side and a hard plastic side). I also bought a large spray bottle to make up my "Slip". Slip is a mix of water and soap in this instance. You can use baby shampoo or washing up liquid. The video I watched recommended 7 drops of washing up liquid to 700ml of water. You'll also need window cleaning equipment, a ruler, a permanent marker, tape measure and a pair of scissors.

The first step is to clean your windows with a regular window cleaning spray. The windows must be squeaky clean because anything left on them is going to get trapped under the film.

Next, I cut the film roughly to size. A permanent marker was the only pen which "wrote" on the film's surface, allowing me to mark out my measurements. I cut the film with scissors very easily.

With the film roughly cut to size, take all your equipment up to your window. Spray your window generously with the slip mixture. Honestly, don't skimp on it, because the adhesive sets onto the window quickly, and the slip is the only thing which will allow you to reposition it.

Peel the protective clear backing off and expose the adhesive. Spray the adhesive with more of the slip mixture. Again, don't skimp on it.

Offer the film up to the wet window, and position it as accurately as you can. As long as the slip stays wet, you'll get a few goes at repositioning it. You can peel it off and move it about. Add more slip if you need to. If you find any dust or dirt stuck to the film's adhesive, a bit of sticky tape will pull it off.

Once the film is positioned correctly, push it down onto the window surface. Use the hard squeegee edge to push the excess slip out, and then go over it again with the soft edge. The film won't grip onto the edges yet, because that's where the pushed out slip mixture will be.

Keep squeegeeing your film and get as much of the slip out from under the film as possible. It should start adhering to the edges. Push the film right into the edges and use your snap-off Stanley knife to trim the excess film away. Snap off the used blade regularly and get a new one, because the film blunts the cutting edge very easily.

That's pretty much it! Be prepared to do a few more passes with the squeegee even with the film trimmed to size just to secure the edges down.

Overall, it was a pretty easy process, even by myself. Much easier than I thought! The results are pretty good. While it doesn't block 100% of the view in, and larger items like cupboards were still fairly visible, you can see by the before and after photo that the film does a pretty good job of stopping people from seeing in. It's a solution which makes me feel a bit better about being overlooked. I've only deducted one star because it's not made clear that at night, the reflection reverses, and turns your windows into mirrors on the inside of your house. Hopefully you'd have pulled your curtains across the window at that point anyway, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
review image
on 7 May 2017
This film certainly works for daytime privacy even with a light on idoors the only thing visible from outside is the light bulb. It does darken indoors slightly. It's not too difficult to put up but it's best as a two person job. The first sheet I put up was pretty good. After that I rushed a bit and ended up with air bubbles. This is not a problem as this was an experiment and I'm only using it to make the house private while it's unoccupied while we do some major renovation work and replastering on the entire place. For £60 to do the entire 3 bedroom house I think it's great value. Will certainly think about using this on some windows when the house is finished as it's so much more attractive than net curtains!
on 6 April 2017
Never used or tried product before but I can't prays it enough very easy to apply I followed the YouTube video tap installation. I did my living room window due to nosie walkers and it's great you can't see in unless there's a internal light on . I had a few water bubbles in the film but after a few days they went . I had enough left over to do my friends caravan . It do make the room a bit darker but I don't mind as I wanted it to make my front room more private.
on 17 July 2017
Having moved from the country into a property which looks directly into the back of a neighbours living room window, I was worried that they would think that I was looking into their window every time I looked out. Our living room faces onto the back of their house. Anyway, on the recommendation of a friend, I purchased this window film and am extremely pleased with it. The mirror effect is superb, and not only that, it cuts out a lot of the sun's harmful rays, keeping the bungalow cooler and protects my leather suite and furnishings.
Absolutely DELIGHTED!
on 1 December 2016
Application is naturally quite difficult, but once done, it does the job perfectly. Absolutely no complaints.
on 25 June 2017
Really good, speedy delivery definitely gives you privacy. Fidelly to put on the windows if they are big, you definitely need more people to help you to stick it on the windows. Definitely recommend.
on 15 May 2017
brought this so as to help stop the sun light coming through two windows does them job, but I think maybe the wrong size but it's up and working
on 4 June 2017
Great product does what it says. I didn't find it to easy to put up. Followed the instructions to the letter on putting up the sixth window found it was better just to dampen the window. That worked great.
on 20 July 2017
Excellant can not see in works really well and so easy to stick on