on 17 September 2014
As an uncle, it is both my right and my responsibility to buy the most noisy and/or messy birthday and Christmas presents for my nieces and nephew, often to the annoyance of my siblings.

A few days ago it was my nephew's fifth birthday so I chose to buy him a mere 480 rounds of 8-Shot Ring Caps to go with a toy die-cast M16 machine gun [ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005CVA4SK/ ]. Needless to say, my nephew quickly mastered the reloading of the weapon and proceeded to 'shoot' anything and anyone.

This combination of gifts appears to have trumped his first bicycle, several 'Octonauts' (Whatever they are) and a remote-controlled car (Yes, my nephew is spoilt). I have already received messages of 'thanks' from his mother (my sister) and his Grandmother (my mother) as my nephew continues to rise early and wake the household with a staccato of gunshots each morning. I have, of course, threatened to buy several thousand 'rounds' of ammo for my nephew this Christmas but perhaps I will buy him something that creates a real mess instead - I have yet to decide.

The caps are quite loud - not as loud as I remember, when given a similar weapon as a small boy - and produce wisps of smoke when discharged. The gun, incidentally, is well-made with a good spring-loaded breach although a shoulder strap would be a useful addition because then my nephew would be able to perform "drive by" shootings on his new bicycle too!

Highly Recommended!
on 28 November 2012
Having read some of the reviews I wondered what these caps would be like, but they've turned out great. They are loud and produce a pleasing puff of smoke. The flash isn't that bright but is noticeable in a dark/unlit room. My boys love them, and at this price I can let them blast away without worrying too much.
on 27 October 2013
Item arrived well with forecast.

Works well - better outside than in - due to the cap smell (but appears safe enough to use inside).

The only reason I rated as 4 not 5 is that you tend to get one really good bang per cap ring. Would be good if all did the same.

But that said still a good item for the price.
on 24 September 2014
Other reviewers have complained about not getting much 'bang for their buck'. However, I found ,my caps to be pretty reliable.

There is a small variation in the amount of powder in each cap - some create loud bangs with flames and others are a bit of a softer pop. However, I've had very few that either haven't fired or have been unacceptably weak (on average fewer than one dud per ring). Even the quieter caps are still pretty loud.

I was initially hesitant to order, but wouldn't hesitate to do so again.
on 11 July 2013
Spent ages looking for a decent cap for my son's new gun. Bought a couple of different types, including these. Have to say that he has only used half a pack so far (having had the gun for about 2 hours) and I from what I can tell all the shots basically all worked :-) They are far better than the other type I bought, which seemed to fail 2 shots on each ring. Will definitely be buying these yellow caps again as they are every bit as good as the ones I had so much fun with back in the 80s!
on 24 July 2016
The image shows a 2 x 5 card of caps but each cap has two so there are in fact the 20 stated caps per yellow pack.
At present have only fired one ring but all went off as expected...no duds. Hopefully the whole pack will work as the first did!
Guess this will depend on the quality of gun as well.
Impressed thus far tho!
Made a good noise and a puff of smoke. Love the smell they make to! Reminds me of being a kid.
on 8 September 2015
Most of the caps created a loud, crackling bang and spark as expected except from a few which is no biggie.
They are the load East caps I've owned and very reliable unlike some other brands I've used which only create a small pop and no spark whatsoever.
Best on the market and well worth the cash!
on 23 January 2014
We didn't get the ones as advertised, but were the same make with more caps, so a bonus. They make a really loud bang, but some don't go off and you need to move them around. My son has a good metal cap gun and i think that helps and he's pleased with them.
on 7 November 2013
Bought these based on reviews but in the end did not let my six year old use them. Found the bang very loud and spark from side of gun too much of a concern. Let my 14 year old use them as hopefully, he can keep them away from ears and faces. Will not buy again.
on 12 May 2014
They are caps and they bang. That's it!

My little lad and I have got 12-shot cap guns. I read reviews that said the 12-shot ring caps were disappointing and I saw a YouTuber suggesting that you cut the 8-shot rings and use them instead. So I bought these and did that. Genious.

This approach makes loading the gun a bit more of a faff, but that is not the fault of these caps.

And these buggers are loud. In the whole set of 20 rings I think a small handful of caps failed to go off first time, which I call negligible.

I would buy these again.