Size: Medium(39-44cm)|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 28 February 2011
I love these collars, the quality is great and they use unique materials (neoprene, same as wetsuits) that makes them suitable for all weathers, mud and even the odd dip in the sea! On my dogs first outing in his new collar he managed to slide down a muddy bank using his neck and shoulder as a brake, caking the collar is exceptionally sticky sandstone mud. I think it would of finished off a leather collar and probably most webbing ones too, but a quick run under the tap and it was good as new.

I did really like the idea of a specific place to put the dogs ID tag but in reality, it is only about an inch or so away from the lead attachment ring, so the ID tag and the ring still clink together all the time. Wonderfully simple idea, badly executed.

The only problem I have had is that these collars do come up quite small and the room for adjustment is not that great. They are adjusted by a wrap over velcro arrangement, which is very secure and allows you to get a perfect fit, but has to have sufficient overlap in order to work. I ordered the medium which is supposed to adjust 403-453mm to fit my dog with a 430mm neck, but it was nowhere near big enough. I re-ordered the large (468-528mm) and that fitted perfectly at the smallest sizing. Unless your dog is at the very bottom of the size range, I'd order the size above you think you need.
on 28 May 2010
Living by the sea in Portugal and having a Portuguese Water Dog, we needed something that would withstand a lot of salt water, and this seems to be the thing for it. Obviously we wash it each time its been in the sea but so far it seems to be tough enough to hold up to the task. Construction seems quite hardcore, the collar is funky and the red collar on a black dog looks good.

The collar is quite wide and lined with neoprene so seems to be quite comfortable for our pooch (he has never bothered with it since the day we put it on). There is also a reflective strip on the edge of the collar to help with visibility at night - if nothing else with him being a totally pitch black, ninja-esque dog, it helps us find him when he is out ferreting about in the garden late at night:)).
The D-ring is really chunky and solid and does not feel like it will fail.
There is a quick release plastic buckle which seems tough and is useful if you need to remove the collar quickly or just for washing it and putting it back on after a dunk in the sea ... it also means that the velcro does not need any readjustment when you put it back on.

The collar is currently at its smallest adjustment setting and fits our Water Dog who is ~5 months old (his neck is around 40cm from memory), so I am happy that it will fit him as he grows and should last a good while.

Info on supplier - delivery was within estimated dates, product was totally as described and no hassles really ... although I had no information that despatch had actually been made - it was sent to a family member in UK who was coming over on holiday (postage to Portugal was too expensive) so I had no idea until it arrived that it would actually arrive in time for their departure.

Overall ... deffo worth buying, the collar is maybe a bit more expensive than your run of the mill dog collars, but not excessively so, it looks good (maybe a bit bling) but for our needs is spot on and I would definitely buy another when the need arises.
on 20 January 2011
A really smart, stylish and practical collar, with nice wide band. Easy to set the size using the velcro, then it's just one click to secure it. Has a choice of strong attachment points for tags and lead. Reflective strips are subtle in daylight but work well in torch light or car headlights (I use this combined with Ezydog quick release harness and Cujo lead - all black with reflective patterns!). Much smarter and more robust than previous reflective collars I've used, and feels very strong and reliable. Ideal for the dog about town / park / field / river...
on 3 January 2012
If you want a decent collar, and your dog to look cool in the process - then this is all you need! The collar is very well made, great attention to detail and looks fantastic. I only wish EzyDog did matching camo retractable leads - then my dog will be the coolest dog ever!
Very pleased, may even purchase a spare.
on 18 December 2011
Bought this for our Kip a very active male Staffie. It seems to withstand most weather conditions and ruff terrain including woods full of brambles and a week surfing the waves. Kip is a decent sized Staff so he has a large one as it probably does come up slightly on the smaller side. It is a chunky collar though and I agree it would probably look ridiculous on a petite dog unless he/she has an element of Rambo/ Lara Croft ! We do tend to take it off at night as it is a bit chunky but that's because we're soft !!! Overall - excellent !
on 25 November 2014
This is the second collar I have bought, the first one lasted 3 years. The only thing that failed on the collar that required me to replace it was the reflective piping came adrift, I have examined the new collar and the reflective beading appears to be slightly different so hopefully this reason for replacing the old collar has been rectified. The collar is very well made and robust and if your dog loves getting wet this is the collar for you, it does not shrink or deform when wet and dries out faster than other collars I have tried. Easy to wash and keep clean.
review image
on 21 December 2011
We have 2 black labs who are 1 year old and getting suitable collars has been a nightmare.....until now! This collar is by far the best one on the market.....it has survived A LOT. Our dogs play fight and grab each other by the collar and they also swim in the sea a lot and the collars look as good as the day we got them....no mean feat with our two maniacs. It has a fantastically strong clip and there are no 'bits' on the collar that fall off etc. If you are looking for a collar that survives anything........this is the one :o)
on 8 December 2011
Absolutely delighted with this collar. It's funky and practical at the same time and the neoprene bit inside provides a comfortable fit. I wish that I had bought the size bigger as I have had to adjust the collar to the largest size with the velcro which means that less of the pattern is visible. Our dog's neck measurement is 18" and we bought a Large. I will definitely buy again though. Great service too!
on 25 June 2011
This is our second ezydog collar for our Labradoodle and the only reason for buying a second one was our dog needed a larger size. Its the best dog collar we have ever bought so much so we have bought other Ezydog products. Excellent quality materials used and I think the dogs find them very comfortable. Other members of our family have also bought Ezydog products and all say they would not use anything else for their dogs. Delivery from this supplier was very quick
on 9 March 2012
I loved this collar; it's strong, comfortable and feels secure... so why the 1 star review?

My 3 month old pup stopped in the rain to shake himself and the lead detached from the collar. Unfortunately we were on a busy road and he was hit by a passing van. Now 3 months on he is just about recovered from two operations on a seriously broken femur.

I could not figure out how this happened until my partner decided to try to recreate the problem. The small plastic clip for the name tag is set at just the wrong distance from the R ring so that it caught on the spring clip of the lead and forced it open just enough to spring off. By shaking the collar back and forth quickly (as a dog does when it's wet) it continually opened the clip without fail.

Not that this is purely a problem with the collar, as the spring should not have allowed this to happen IMO; it should have been stronger. The 1 star is because my polite email to ezydog asking them to consider adjusting the design has been ignored. I have not even had a decent response. I simply don't want this unfortunate series of events to occur again. I still like the collar, and I now only use a lead with a carabiner type clip, but I can't bring myself to use this collar again.

Again, I'm not just blaming the collar, it was a rare accident I hope, but in my opinion, and to put things in technical terms, there should be nothing on a safety device which is positioned where it will potentially interfere with a securing mechanism. This collar currently fails this test!
55 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse