Customer reviews

2,661
Size: Cooling Pad 15-17"|Change

on 14 May 2017
I couldn't stand the sound of the fan on my Acer laptop when it kicked in so purchased this in the hope the Acer fan would remain silent and this cooling pad has sorted it and works a treat! There are two cooling fans on the pad and they are much quieter than what's in the laptop. This is a really nice product and I wasn't sure about the laptop being elevated resting on top of it, but now I much prefer it.

When I vacuum my office I also vacuum the cooling pad too and remove any dust build-up by putting the brush attachment on and gently, and lightly, moving the brush across the top of the pad.
on 22 January 2016
this product worked well -for just under a year - I bought it 29 January 2015. This has a 2 year warranty, but I can't return it to Amazon - the returns policy won't let me. The cable that has the usb on it has worn through and the wires are showing - making it dangerous to use. So now what can I do? Amazon is not allowing a return. I attach pictures. I have now contacted Targus direct and should be able to make a warranty claim - they said this is a known problem - shame as it is otherwise an excellent product - quiet running as well
review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 November 2016
My 17 inch Dell laptop is sat on this as I type.

I've had a few cooling pads over the years, some were flexible and made the laptop bounce when I typed, another made so much noise that I actually threw it on the floor and stamped on it. I could have sent it back but it deserved to be stamped on.

This one is relatively quiet, it's solid, it does stop my laptop from over heating on a warm day which it sometimes does it I don't have this plugged in.

I'm not going to tell you that this will change your life but it does what it's supposed to do and it's well made, I'm not sure what else you want from it.
on 1 April 2014
I ordered this without fully knowing my options. Anyway, for what it is, it's pretty good. A very soft neoprene covers a fairly flexible hard plastic pad which has air holes for ventilation and two fairly quiet usb-powered fans. The cord comes out the back of the pad and plugs into one usb port on your laptop. I didn't like how the usb for the pad had to be plugged into the right-hand side of my laptop since the usb socket on the left is occupied by my mouse - I like to do it that way so the mouse cord goes round the back of the laptop to emerge for my use on the right. But with this pad, there's now a usb cable and socket sticking out, bumping into my hand. Not acceptable to me. I understand folks have durability issues with this unit from reading the other reviews. This is inevitable since the cord can't take the wear-and-tear of daily use. You WILL accidentally yank the cord and this will mean that the thing will stop working... Anyhow, what I really wanted was a pad for my desk use only, so I opted for the Targus Chill Hub XC for Laptops. That unit has 4 usb sockets built into it so should suit my needs better. I'll review it when I can.
on 15 January 2017
I got this for my Asus GL702VM 17" laptop, and it's a little small for it. The fans are low speed, and quite loud. Temperature drop is dismal, maybe 2-4 degrees, depending on workload. I wouldn't recommend it for anything bigger than a 15" laptop.
on 12 December 2016
A little on the large size for my laptop (12" screen), but a really great build quality - I've had a bunch of cooling pads, and they've all broken relatively quickly until this one. It's solid and does the job, I'd strongly recommend it.

UPDATE: The fans (or rather USB cable to them) has finally given up the ghost, after three and a half years of more or less daily use. I stand by my review, this is a really solid piece of kit.
on 11 January 2016
purchased this a year ago and forgot to review it.

After a few months it has gone noisy, which can be distracting.

However it does keep the laptop cool during games which heats the laptop so much it used to cut off, now it stays cool, however due to the noise, and the fact I saw this exact make, model, design in a local shop for only £4.50 instead of around £20 online, I cannot rate it that high sadly.

hopefully the more better designs they have are better then this one.
on 4 January 2012
I didn't really expect much from this purchase, just something to replace the enormous, heavy atlas which had been serving as a laptop tray.
I've been pleasantly surprised. The texture on the bottom, which is against your lap, is soft and very comfortable. I found that I hardly needed to plug in the fan as the design of the mat maintains a great air-flow along the bottom of the laptop. However, on the one occasion, during a cold night when I was sitting by a warm fire, when I did plug the usb cable in, the fans were barely noticeable, infact the sound was pleasant. However, you'd only hear the fans in a silent room.

I would recommend this for anyone with any size of laptop (mine's a 14inch) who wants to prevent fluff going into the vents, usually situated at the bottom.

Well worth the money.
Edit: 6yrs later (original review in 2011). I've just taken a laptop to a friendly repairman, who, along with the repair, gave the laptop a clean. Out came masses of dust. I've a horrid feeling that over the years this mat has accumulated dust which has been sucked up by my laptop. I recommend regularly hoovering the cooling pad (not the laptop) to prevent this from happening.
on 16 January 2017
The best laptop cooling pad on the market! Quality throughout - materials, construction and looks. The two small fans are powered via a USB port and their power consumption is negligible - I measured it. The fans are almost silent and do a great job keeping the laptop cool and therefore operating efficiently. It's light and sits comfortably and securely on your lap. The non-slip surface is excellent and keeps the laptop from moving, even when you have to adjust your seating position.
AND - it costs less than £15! Can't be beaten!
on 19 July 2017
Didn't really want a cooling wedge with fans. As I figured the fans would be low quality sleeve bearing hand. But opted to spend more for a Targus one as I figured would be better quality. But after 6 weeks I have unnaceptably noisy fans. It still get extra airflow to the bottom of the laptop. But it's not what I paid more for