on 17 March 2011
This PSU pumps out a lot of power for a little cost. The unit is suited for midi cases as the length of the connections are rather limited. Do not expect the cables to stretch to the bottom of a full size case. The 6 slot connector for a graphics card will certainly not stretch in a full size case. Having said that I have a midi case and this PSU provides all the connections that I will ever need. It has a great mix of connections. My system is a quad core amd 3.2ghz, a 500gb sata 11 drive with a 500gb ide backup drive. I have a Radeon 5750 1gb graphics card and 2 case fans. This PSU copes very easily with this set up. For me this is an ideal balance of Cost V Power. If you have a larger case you may need extension connectors so be warned!!!
1212 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2010
Fantastic value PSU with plenty of connectors including SATA and a nice big cooling fan. Works a treat and has ample power for most motherboards and peripherals. I am definitely glad I bought this PSU and would recommend it to anyone who needs to upgrade or replace their existing PSU.
on 27 December 2010
I am using an amd quad core with 4gb Ram and my case has 3 fans inside. The PSU is more than adequate and is not loud... It is a hell of a lot quieter than my xbox 360. I'd say it was about 30db when running.

I hope this is useful.
on 26 January 2012
I Build Computers For A Living, So When A Client Asked Me To Order This PSU I Was Skeptical Because Of Its Price And General Look. Having Used Corsair,Seasonic Or OCZ I Am Used To Higher End Power Supplys. Having Said That I Would Recomend This PSU To Anyone Looking To Buy One For A Complete PC Build Or Even An Upgrade. The Delivery Time Was Lightning Fast, I Ordered This On Tuesday And It Was Here The Next Morning. The Unit Itself Has 3x Sata 3x Molex 20+4 Pin Main Board Connector For ATX Or Mini ATX 4 Pin Connector 1x 6 pin PCI Express And 1x Floppy, It Also Has A 120mm Fan Pulling Air From Inside The PC And Exhausting It Out Through The Back Of The PSU, Runs Very Quiet. All In All A Very Good PSU, Well Done CIT.
on 8 February 2016
Well made, very very quite, recommended.why people are complaining i dont know,I had a cit power supply that had lights inside and was modular,it lasted for years until I got new computer,and is probably still working now, these a worth the money and more, buy one.
on 4 September 2012
Got this PSU on December 2011 for my first PC build because I didn't want to spend much money on a good one at that time. Well, turns out you really get what you pay for!
This month, September 2012, my PC started restarting istself randomly with no BSOD so I obviously thought it would be the "not so reliable" PSU. I had my PC diagnosed by a store with good technical support and my guess turned out to be right. Definitely not gonna skimp on the PSU quality this time around!

From my experience, stay away from this product!
on 4 August 2012
Delivery was fast so that was good and it was package well. However when i installed it in my pc, i notice that it only had 1 PCI-E 6 pin and not 2 as it says in description, So i was kinda screwed as i needed 2 pcie to power my graphics card. My job requires me to use a powerful GPU and i was already behind due to other issues with my previous purchases so i had no choice but to connect up the power supply and use a molex to pcie Y cable which takes up 2 molex, so i cant now connect up my extra devices. im gonna have to purchase another PSU and swap it out at some point. but now im behind on work and need to catch up so i dont know when that will be. returning is not an option till i have another PSU. Who ever writes up the product description need to change this. dont care if it was a mistake, its their job to get it right to prevent these things happening.
on 18 September 2012
Purchased for usage in a ~3 year old gaming rig(core2duo e8500@3.8GHz + ATi 4870 slightly overcloked too). The whole system would probably draw around 400w-450w under full load(I mean occt/linpack + furmark load. Just for normal gaming 350w would be more than enough imo, even with the overclock). The PSU did not last 3 days. While playing Batman Arkham City, the computer suddenly shut down, and that was pretty much it. I bought a new 500w OCZ one for ~50gbp and never looked back. Don 't even bother with CiT, as a cheaply made PSU can easily take down with it a few other of your precious components too. I was lucky I guess...
on 11 February 2016
This is the second PSU I bought, last one being the same as this one. When the first one exploded I thought something may have been of my error, so I decided to replace it with the same one to keep things simple. That was a bad decision. One year and a month later, it explodes again.

If you are buying a PSU for a gaming PC then you need to go all in and buy things from Corsair or EVGA, not cheap PSUs from some company you've never heard of.

I'm absolutely furious, I don't know if I should be mad at CiT for selling this garbage product, or me for buying it twice.
on 17 June 2010
The product had a greater selection of cables than my previous power supply and also was very easy to install. It works exceptionally well and remains quiet.

A very good choice.