Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 July 2017
Brilliant album - very uplifting songs.
on 20 August 2017
Again a brilliant CD
on 15 February 2015
Very good album, great music, the lyrics are great to listen to.
I just love Casting Crowns ! :)
on 25 November 2010
After the slight disappointment of The Altar And The Door, this was a welcome return to form from probably the most lyrically astute christian band in the market. There is change in emphasis in this album, which has given it far more a worship feel than any of their previous work. There is, however, a slight jarring with the changes pace in the album which is slightly distracting. Despite that, still a highly recommended work. The references for all their lyrics are a great addition to the album art too and well worth following up.
on 28 January 2010
Navado (London England)

I have been listening to casting crowns since I went to the states a couple of years ago.when I purchased this cd it was just heavenly I could not stop playing it. I listen to it on the bus, I even walk to work because I did not want to get there too soon and then have to turn my ipod off, the songs one after the other are just so beautiful to listen to.
Always enough and at your feet are just so beautiful, it is like they are speaking to me and my walk with God.
on 20 October 2010
Confession number 1: I am a christian. Confession number 2: I've bought all the casting crowns albums because I am a Christian. Confession 3: I don't listen to secular music because of my uneasiness about the lyrics which I'm not going to go into now. All that said the Casting Crowns is the only Christian group I listen to and this like all there other albums is really excellent and uses lyrics directly based on the Bible.
on 27 January 2012
I have lots of worship CDs. I bought this one at the end of September 2011 and I have not taken it out of my CD player since (now it's the 27th January 2012) and I play it about three times every day. I think it is the most anointed album that I've heard. This is the first Casting Crowns CD I have owned and will now be buying some more.
on 15 June 2011
I have enjoy Casting Crowns albums before and this one is excellent. My 14 year old son and I have listened to it again and again. The quality of the music and the message it sends is encouraging and uplifting. Music production is great and a really full sound.
on 29 August 2014
After first listen was hooked. Casting Crowns have the ability to really be in tune with God's heart. Heartfelt truthful lyrics and great tunes. If you've never listened to them, buy "The Altar and the Door" too and you won't be disappointed.
Like so many others, I discovered Casting Crowns with their debut CD. Their mix of worship, challenge, and encouragement have made all three of their previous releases some of my favorites in recent years.

Their latest disc focuses almost exclusively on worship music. Frankly, I've always felt that was their weakest element. This disc doesn't do much to change my mind.

It's not that the lyrics and the ideas are bad. They just aren't nearly as solid as they are when they are calling out the church or encouraging us. There is no "What If His People Prayed" or even "East to West" here.

Not that the songs here are bad. "Until the Whole World Hears" is a call to keep preaching the gospel. "To Know You" reminds us of all we can have in Christ. "Holy One" is a fast praise song based partially around Psalm 63. And as a bonus 12th track, we get "Shadow of Your Wings," which is an early incarnation of that song. Frankly, I like both versions. And they have a new arrangement of the classic "Joyful, Joyful" that I really enjoy.

But my favorite song on the disc is "Jesus, Hold Me Now." What's interesting is the verses are from their song "The Prodigal" from their second disc. They've given it an all new chorus and melody. If you didn't know, you'd say they wrote this song from scratch.

The other problem this disc has is the music. Too many of the songs use the same tempo and instruments. It lets them blend together instead of standing out so I can really connect with them.

After listening to it constantly for two days, I can say I like it. I just don't love it like I have their previous releases. Hopefully, this is an anomaly and not a sign of things to come from this great group.