Customer reviews

Until the Whole World Hears
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 August 2014
After first listen was hooked. Casting Crowns have the ability to really be in tune with God's heart. Heartfelt truthful lyrics and great tunes. If you've never listened to them, buy "The Altar and the Door" too and you won't be disappointed.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 November 2009
Like so many others, I discovered Casting Crowns with their debut CD. Their mix of worship, challenge, and encouragement have made all three of their previous releases some of my favorites in recent years.

Their latest disc focuses almost exclusively on worship music. Frankly, I've always felt that was their weakest element. This disc doesn't do much to change my mind.

It's not that the lyrics and the ideas are bad. They just aren't nearly as solid as they are when they are calling out the church or encouraging us. There is no "What If His People Prayed" or even "East to West" here.

Not that the songs here are bad. "Until the Whole World Hears" is a call to keep preaching the gospel. "To Know You" reminds us of all we can have in Christ. "Holy One" is a fast praise song based partially around Psalm 63. And as a bonus 12th track, we get "Shadow of Your Wings," which is an early incarnation of that song. Frankly, I like both versions. And they have a new arrangement of the classic "Joyful, Joyful" that I really enjoy.

But my favorite song on the disc is "Jesus, Hold Me Now." What's interesting is the verses are from their song "The Prodigal" from their second disc. They've given it an all new chorus and melody. If you didn't know, you'd say they wrote this song from scratch.

The other problem this disc has is the music. Too many of the songs use the same tempo and instruments. It lets them blend together instead of standing out so I can really connect with them.

After listening to it constantly for two days, I can say I like it. I just don't love it like I have their previous releases. Hopefully, this is an anomaly and not a sign of things to come from this great group.
on 9 February 2010
Seems a number of the songs on the new casting crowns album have more pop than the previous album. I love it. Most importantly each song helps me reflect on my life and where i am in my walk with Jesus Christ. cheers casting crowns. fabulous work!!
on 25 November 2009
I can't believe I'm writing this review...but I feel so strongly about this album that I had too! I'm a big fan of Casting Crowns and there's been very little to find fault with in all their previous work. But 'Until The Whole World Hears' is a serious let down.

There's a couple of songs on the album that I like. If We've Ever Needed You is by far the best song on the album. To Know You is also getting there but the rest of the songs are poor to say the least.

Lots of generic, cliched lyrics and some very mediocre tunes are all this album has to offer. The biggest disappointments were the inclusion of two unoriginal songs (both of which are badly arranged) and a rehash of some old lyrics (an indication of a creative dry spell?). Casting Crowns seem to have lost their way with this one - the sensitivity of their previous songs is missing here ('Holy One' and 'Shadow of Your Wings' show experimentation with a new sound which just doesn't fit what Casting Crowns are about.)

Until The Whole World Hears lacks the spiritual depth and musical quality that we've come to expect from this great band. Definitely not worth the money so do yourself a favour - don't buy the album and just download 'If We've Ever Needed You'. That's the only song I'll be listening to again.

COULD DO BETTER!!
on 26 January 2010
Just loved their previous album, and have not been disappointed with this. I guess I would have liked it to be more than 51 mins - but that means I really loved it all.
on 10 February 2013
exellent tunes, lyrics, rhythym - I enjoyed this immensely. This is another album from Casting Crowns that shows both their professionalism and candid love for Jesus.
on 27 November 2009
I really enjoy this album. While I agree that its not their best album yet, I have to say it's solid. It does have more worship songs, but they are really good. Blessed Redeemer is a beautiful song about Christ' sacrifice for us. If We've Ever Needed You is a great song- possibly one of my favourites.

I can see what people are saying,that if you were expecting songs that challengeyou then you might be disappointed. However, just because its something which is a bit different- don't write it off. I've listened to it loads and love it.
on 19 October 2013
Absolutely fantastic! Reaches right into your soul. Thank you Jesus for providing such a talented band! God bless and Amen! :-) x
on 19 October 2016
Bought it years ago, only just started listening to it now. Very good words which build up and encourage.
on 22 November 2013
I love this group. Glorious Day, I found on the web and looked for a cd with it included. Marvellous.