on 10 August 2013
Big box. My son liked it. Good for 4 years old who just started with Lego bloks.
I would recommend this to my friend
on 29 March 2011
We bought this for my little boy who's 4 (almost 5). We bought it as a starter set to get him going as it had things like wheels, etc. He just loves it and it keeps him busy for hours (although he's keen to use the instructions to make the exact models it shows on the box but I would thoroughly recommend it - the only problem is, picking up all the pieces after it's been emptied on the floor!
on 13 March 2014
Received in double quick time. Present for grandson who hasn't stopped playing with it -neither has his dad- mind you its difficult to get him to clear up afterwards :-)
on 31 August 2012
* The Product *

The Blue brick tub consists of a durable blue tub with lid that keeps everything secure inside. There are around 450 bricks which range from the standard sizes to Lego men, hair, steering wheels and more.
You also receive a booklet which gives you instructions to make a range of race cars, tractor, helicopter and boat and you can download further instructions online.

* Why this product *

We have 3 sons less than 7 years of age. They are typical boys and are very much about cars, speed and creating things (and subsequently breaking them and leaving the mess to mum to tidy).

Over the years we have purchased so many toys that are played with and then left gathering dust after a few months which frustrates me. As a 'education pushing' mum I like toys that will not go out of fashion, will stimulate their minds and really inspire them so Lego was way up in regards to my favourite types of toys.

We purchased the box because my eldest son likes to make cars and after buying some of the mini kits that enable you to make set cars he was inspired to add 'vrooms' as he calls it. (Large exhaust parts and spoilers).

The box is also great because they know that it is where the Lego lives. As soon as they have finished creating new buildings, cars, houses and magical wonderlands they know that they have to put all of the bits back in to the box which then lives nice and tidy under their beds. Luckily we have had no issues with them throwing bits around their rooms or tipping the whole lot of the bricks out on to their floor - yet.

* My son's verdicts *

My sons all love their Lego and we find that when the house turns quiet they are generally building something in their room. They love that they can alter their creations to what they currently like such as my eldest loves race cars so he always builds them, my middle son loves super heroes so he generally builds buildings that Spiderman can fly off and my youngest loves football so he builds football stadiums.

I find that they will play constantly with Lego for weeks on end and then they don't for a few weeks, although they take gaps they always come back to it and when they want to build something new they are have a box of inspiration at their fingertips.

* Parents Verdict *

Lego just doesn't go out of fashion does it? My husband is always showing my sons what he used to make when he was their age and it's just so heart warming seeing the connection. I love Lego because I love seeing my children happy; as soon as they have built something they love nothing more than coming to show us their creations with huge grins on their faces.

We also find that it is one toy that they do look after and unlike many of their other (more expensive counterparts) their Lego has not broken after a few weeks of play. Another positive is that you can download more instructions to create completely new Lego makes for free and you can buy separate pieces online.

If you purchase other kits such as the mini kits my son bought, they also integrate in to the box and can be used together.

* Conclusion *
I award the Lego blue box the full five out of five for being a classical toy staple that never looses it's appeal. I hope it is something that my sons remain interested in until they are fully grown.
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2010
I bought this Lego set for my 4 year old daughter to begin her collection, and have now bought it for a friends 5 year old boy. It is a fantastic start to any collection, great price and very quick delivery. Would definitely recommend if anyone is considering starting their lego collection.
on 5 August 2011
i was looking for a lego starter lego set for my son, this box contained the most pieces and was the best price around bear in mind i was also looking on ebay too.
was a bit disappointed at the fact that the box was only a quarter full but i dont think i realised that the small round lights were being counting as a piece.
all round a very good buy, you can build many things with this set and there is a book of instructions just in case the little ones run out of ideas.
on 23 April 2010
This product is exactly what it says on the box, LEGO!! Alot of pieces, alot of variety, and a selection of ideas and instructions to get the little ones started. There is even a little tool to help separate the bricks, which is an absolute godsend (More for me and my husband). My son will have hours of fun with this. Great present for older children (4years and above) boys and girls alike!!
11 Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2010
This proved to be a good choice for my 2 boys. They already have numerous Lego sets but are forever 'borrowing' pieces from sets to make their own designs, so I thought that with this box of Lego they could make whatever designs they wanted to. Also purchased a box of Lego wheels as there are never enough wheels! They have made some fantastic models using this box of Lego, some their own designs, others they made according to the leaflet that comes with the set.

The only negative thing I can say is that when you open the box it is only actually half full. There doesn't seem to be much Lego in it. However having said that, they did manage to build lots of models without having to 'borrow' any parts.
Just bought this box of Lego for my five year old son and we have hardly had a peep out of him since. Containing 700 pieces of Lego in a sturdy box with a ;lid, I rate this as excellent value.

What I particularly like is that unlike many very specific small sets of Lego today i.e Star wars, Cars Two etc, this allows your imagination to run free. I am so tired of those expensive boxes costing around ten pound whose bits can't be used for anything else (example- tiny headlamps and fiddly wheel hubs etc).

A great big box of varied and general Lego like this can have them trying their own stuff out for many years. I had Lego when I was five and played with it until I was ten. That's what I call value for money. I can see this box going the same way.
on 23 August 2010
I was struggling to find a suitable gift for one of my grandson's birthday so had a look a Amazon. I was glad I did and found a number of suggestions at reasonable prices. The Lego items were good and when my grandson saw them he was very pleased and started using them right away! I live in a rural area and find it difficult to shop locally apart from supermarkets near by. Nobody is as good as Amazon for providing good items. As always, the gifts were well packed and delivered on time. What more can I say!

See one answered question