on 25 July 2017
i alrady have this album in vinyl that can't any more be used as my turntable player is very long on repair and the serviceman can't do that Since I found price id quite low ar GBP2.8 I Prefered to buy it again after nearly 40 years .
My interest in Jarre has been reboot less than month ago after i devised a story on a ambient music composer and listened once on youtube with great interest that made me feel once again the majesty of this masterpiece that is nerly equal to the great works fo the famous compsers of the 18and 19th centrury .Jarre made arond 4 nonmainstream works of ambent music that are fanstastic and get out of the crowd in the ambient market. Simply excellent
on 13 November 2011
Oxygène is almost as old as I am (nearly), and any review must be written in context, taking into the account this age, because by todays standards, you could easily dismiss this album as crude. But then you look at the artists populating the realm of electronica these days and many owe their tastes, talents and success to the pioneers and their pioneering albums, like Oxygène.

Aside from the accepted relative crudeness, there's an unabashed honesty to the sounds and styles, evoking a sense of lightness and of flight through the air, accomplished without cliché or self importance. To my modern ears, I've picked out a particular part used in sample by Beck, but I'm sure there are countless others.

My only complaint is the length -- there isn't any. But again, I'm making comparisons, probably unfairly, with modern electronica, many being continuous mixed songs several hours long.

If for no other reason than to say you have in your musical collection a piece of history, buy Oxygène.
on 28 February 2017
I never bought this when it came out in the 1970s so can not comment upon the sound quality of the original Polydor vinyl recording but to me this remaster sounds a bit on the thick side.

Its all there just takes a lot to stir this pot of synth pop from the 1970s.

Enjoyable but could be better mastered.
on 4 December 2013
It arrived in pretty much mint condition, the vinyl itself hasn't a single scratch. The cover looks amazing.
My boyfriend will be so happy to receive this as well as Rendez-vous to top up his Jean Michele Jarre collection (he currently only has Equinoxe)

The album sounds absolutely amazing and still as wonderful to date. I personally find it's aged well too as it's timeless. The thing I love about Jean michele Jarre's music is that it lets your imagination run wild. This is definitely something you should have in your collection.
on 11 August 2015
An excellent album. Equinoxe was the album I had on tape, and it was Part IV (4) of Oxygene we were always treated to on the radio! Someone should have done an expose on the whole album as it's truly delightful. Love the whole production of Jarre's music. There's no getting away from his masterful ability to make sounds which we were were never used to hearing before he came along.

The guy is amazing. He makes you sit up and listen.
on 30 September 2016
Hey its Jarre,and arguably his most recognised album,not his number 1 best,that goes to Equinox,but an essential classic that inspired so many artistsStill sounds great today.
Buy the 1997 remaster,it sounds much warmer than the most recent releases remastered.
on 20 November 2016
As you may know this is the original Oxygene creation . While the outer case was a little scruffy the Cd worked perfectly and that was all that mattered. Delivery was fairly quick, CD in exc condition and I enjoyed the music. Also, with the right software, it wd be easy to copy tracks to an mp3 player, yr PC or other device if you wanted ........
on 23 February 2018
Bought this for my Husband who plays it over and over and over so guess he likes it.
on 25 October 2015
I first bought this,in vinyl when it came out many years ago and have always enjoyed it. Lost my copy somewhere and for the price, this is excellent and also was able to include it in my Prime music, result all round!
on 1 May 2015
Bought this to replace the Vinyl version which was getting worn out.
'Amazon' service was excellent and I was able to download as well as have the CD
I used to buy all my music and DVD's from 'Play.com' but the service from them has deteriorated since they were take over by 'Rakuten'
So now 'Amazon' are number one for me.