Customer reviews

Yamaha Alto Sax Mouthpiece 4C
Style: Alto Sax Mouthpiece|Change

on 7 May 2016
When starting out you will definitely benefit from buying one of these if you are playing a cheaper sax, you wont believe how much better they sound compared to the cheap and nasty one that comes with the sax. Been playing more than a year now so I tried going back to the cheap mouthpiece sounded terrible. Note of caution though you do have to improve your playing and not keep buying more and more expensive mouthpieces and saxophones if you are struggling.
on 13 March 2013
I chose this mouthpiece as it performs well over a wide range from beginner to professional. It is of good quality and I am very satisfied with it. Yahama produces a 6C which is aimed more at the professional but since I play for pleasure, this one does the trick for me. The supplier can be highly recommended for efficiency of attention to the order, delivery and packaging
on 16 February 2017
I bought this mouth piece following the good review and I highly recommend it. I don't have a good brand saxophone because I'm just starting and I didn't want to expend a lot of money on it, so my previous mounth piece is not good either. But using this Yamaha I felt the difference in the sound straight away, it's much more clear and professional. Without doubts, it was a great purchase.
on 27 June 2015
Purchased this for my 13 year old son and he is very happy with it. Seems comfortable and has improved his tone a great deal from his old one which was the original one supplied with his horn. This is an excellent budget priced, student mouthpiece but paired with a good reed would probably be perfectly adequate for a more advanced player.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 June 2014
Bought an Odyssey Student Saxophone that came with its own mouthpiece, though I took good advice and bought one of these Yamaha mouthpieces at the same time. Much better quality than the one supplied with the saxophone and will last for many years. Also available in different sizes, but check the Yamaha website for information on what each size if for before you buy.
on 15 February 2015
Having not played the sax for twenty plus years I decided to once again pick up the horn, purely as an amateur. I know the choosing of a mouthpiece can be a bit of a minefield, so I decided to start from the bottom and work my way up. Yamaha has always had a good reputation when it comes to saxophones and for the price I thought their mouthpieces were well worth a try. I was not disappointed. Easy blowing and with a good sound I would highly recommend the Yamaha 4c mouthpiece for anyone wishing to start playing the sax before moving up and choosing a more "pro" mouthpiece.
on 27 May 2014
the tone of my new alto was a little dissapointing, so i read up on this yammy 4c, bought it and i'm chuffed to bits with it, the combination of this and the rovner ligature mark lll have made the tone much cleaner and playing a lot easier, go on treat yourselves, lifes to short and the two together are not expensive.
on 19 July 2017
This is a great mouthpiece and due to being a beginner , I actually think this mouthpiece is easier to use than the plain one that came with my sax
on 30 March 2014
As a novice I wasn't sure about my mouthpiece but having consulted my music teacher decided to buy this one. What a result - with this mouthpiece, new Rico Royal reeds - my teacher complimented me on the richer warmer sound being attained by me - YEAH!!!!
on 13 November 2017
A much better sound than the pony mouthpiece my Buffet Crampon came with. Only problem is that Yamaha's need larger ligatures.