Customer reviews

on 2 September 2016
I was struggling between LPK25 and M audio mini keystation 32 as they have a very similar price range. After trying out both, I find that LPK25 has a better keyboard touch feeling. By better touch feeling, I don't mean it feels like a real piano, it just feels better when compared with M audio mini keystation. The mini keystation has a strange feeling on the black keys and sometimes when you press the key, nothing happened. So every time you play on the mini keystation, you always wonder did I really press it? Should I press it harder? Another good thing that I love LPK25 is the portability. Mini keystation is so long that it pops out of my backpack, while LPK25 fits perfectly inside my backpack.

If you want portability, good keyboard feeling and good price, LPK25 is your choice.
on 11 November 2016
the good bits... It's plug and play, I just opened a virtual synth in Cubase and we're away in electro-heaven, an excellent bit of kit.
Sure the keys are small and might take a bit of getting used to but you knew that already.
my first synth was a casio cz101 so I'm kinda used to the small keys.
the action is springy and easy to get used to.
Not so good... The Arpeggiator is really useless, a gimmick that doesn't really do anything useful.
Also, it's supposed to ship with Ignite AIR software... It doesn't, it comes with a voucher code to get a discount on ableton software... a real shame.
I contacted the supplier who was basically no help at all, they just advised me to contact NUmark, the UK supplier of Akai products.
I did, Waste of time, no response.
on 24 March 2017
Great piece of hardware for anyone who like to make music, especially on the go. A friend let me borrow one of these, and after one day, I bought this and gave it back to them. Making music with this is a lot easier than using your standard QWERTY keyboard, especially in FL Studio :)
on 28 January 2017
Stromae has composed "Alors on dance" with this little thing, and I can see why.
Easy and immediate connection with any DAW of your choice, keys have great quality.
Using it with GarageBand is a piece of cake!
on 22 July 2017
Despite its small size, this is actually a nice controller to use. Having tried Korg's version, which costs a fair bit more than the Akai, I have to say that the Akai LPK25 is much nicer. Bought primarily because of it's Bluetooth feature so as to connect to my iPhone, it does this faultlessly. Switch it on, press the pair button, and connect to it in Garageband for example. That's it, simple.
Perfect for use on a desk/table. Yes the keys are small, so you're not really going to be reciting complex performances, but it is perfect for creating synth tracks and really, you do get used to playing the small keys (something I was wary about, having always used full size synths for years).

Moving up and down the key octaves is simple via the octave up and down buttons.

The built in arpeggiator is a simple and does work well.

Overall, this is a very well priced bit of kit. It's light, so easy to move around, takes up minimal space, and does what it should with no wires (unless you connect to a laptop or PC with the USB).

Why not a full five stars then, well, because the lack of pitch and mod wheels to allow for further expressive playing. If this had those, it would be five stars. A shame Akai didn't include them. Also the lower D# key is faulty (sits lower than the other keys and isn't as responsive), but hopefully a replacement product from Amazon should address that.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 24 December 2016
It's quite good for making tracks and very compact.I had trouble connecting it at first because I could not find the right LPK in the list is gave me with the software I am using.It appears as the LPK MIni so I chose that and its connected now and I am making songs.This product is key touch sensitive so sometime you don't get the same velocity with every note played but I just edit that.I am really happy with the product and it is good for a starter to learn piano on if you don't want the expense this product is really good value for money.
on 6 January 2017
What can i say about this little fella. Super tiny midi keyboard, great for the home studio, great for travel. Akai products always top. Arrived on time. Lovely price. I would totally recommend this product.
review image
on 8 February 2015
Just right for sliding into my macbook pro bag and for use composing songs or capturing ideas in Reason while I'm away from home. Not that this is just a midi controller and has no synth or sound capabilities. It is touch sensitive and has quite a stiff action, but that may be a good thing as the keys are quite small so you need to be accurate with your keying action. Perfect small form factor keyboard for me, my Macbook Pro and Reason 8.1
on 1 July 2016
Really nice for the money. It only has two octaves, which might not be enough for everybody and the keys quality cannot really rival that of controllers of a bigger size. But if you want to do some basic stuff or if portability is your top priority, go for it and you won't regret it.
on 21 March 2017
Great piece of kit! Basic pressure sensitive keyboard that works well with midi studios.