on 4 November 2015
Dark, but brilliantly amusing
on 10 May 2013
Absolutely adore Mr Moran, but this is not one of his finest, funny, but I think only for the hardened fan. Still don't regret getting it but will probably gather a fair amount of dust before watching again
on 28 September 2009
This film will have you laughing almost from start to finish. In the beginning it is a little dull as we get to know the main character mark and his disabled brother who is played by marks real life brother david o doherty. Mark is a struggling writer who lives with his girlfriend played by amy hubbermann who is on the verge of leaving him due to his lack of ambition. They owe the landlord the last two months rent and have nothing to pay him with. As the story progresses mark meets up with his best friend played brilliantly by dylan moran and try to come up with ways to pay the rent. The house is falling apart and with not being able to pay the rent mark is afraid to ask the landlord to repair anything. However his girlfriend manages to persaude the landlord to do the jobs needed and says he will come by later. Before the landlord arrives however a serious of events unfold with hilarious consecienss.
I cannot say anymore without spoiling the movie but just to say it is very very funny and would highly recommend it to anybody who likes a good laugh. It can be a bit gory at times but dylan moran steals the show and it would be worth seeing just for him.
on 27 October 2012
I very much enjoyed this film and like a previous viewer found it very funny from start to finish. I'd also like to add that contrary to the derogatory comment left by another reviewer, I do not 'just find people dying funny' and am actually rather difficult to please film wise. This film is very slapstick and the situation becomes increasingly ridiculous, and it is the differing way the main characters deal with the unfolding situation that makes it particularly funny.

Personally I am not a big fan of violent films, even if it is under the guise of black comedy, but I didn't find this one particularly violent, and it is delivered in such a way that it is really secondary and just a vehicle for the characters to bounce off of. If you have a wry sense of humour, enjoy shows such as Black Books, Los Dos Bros, Spaced and The League of Gentlemen as I do, I have a feeling you will appreciate this film.
on 4 July 2016
Really enjoyed, people say what comedy?....it's gets the balance right for me with the dark subject matter....the actors strike the right blend.they Don't play for laughs...and many comedy actors playing straight get this wrong...it's a what would you do story,..and it's really worth a look.
on 12 September 2011
This film is about two aimless and out-of-work actors/scriptwriters who live in a dingy flat and drink a lot (as fits Dylan Moran's stage persona). It almost sounds like this could be another Withnail and I, but that's where the similarity ends.

A sequence of tragic events occurs, which is so unlikely that if it were dramatic fiction, it would read as unbelievable and contrived. The punchline of this film seems to be that they ultimately go on to make a major film based on a script that they write about these events. The actors who then play the characters in the "film within the film" complain that the script is nonsense and that the audience won't be able to suspend disbelief.

This attempt to be clever by being self-referential would only work if the film was actually credible on some level. To me, it comes across as an implicit admission that the scriptwriter of the film itself is saying to the audience "I know that this script is badly written and that the humour is contrived, but because I refer to that by way of a clichéd plot-device, this negates any possible criticisms".

As I said in my review title, I wanted to like this film, so I certainly didn't set out to give this film a bad review. I find Dylan Moran very funny, and I really enjoyed the film "The Actors" (with Michael Caine). In fact it's one of my favourite films. I also appreciate David O'Doherty's dead-pan delivery in his stage act. By the same token, I don't think I was expecting too much from this film either. I hadn't heard much hype about it, and I was just keen to see any film with Dylan Moran in it.

In the end, speaking as objectively as anyone can, I think it's just not a good film, caused mainly by a poor script.
on 7 January 2016
A wonderfully funny dark comedy
on 26 March 2014
Really great thanks
on 10 September 2016
very black humour!
on 16 April 2013
A Film With Me In It is a good movie. Let's start with that. A great cast (Mark Doherty cutting a folorn, sympathetic figure; Dylan Moran on top charismatic form) and a ludicrous albeit morbidly entertaining plot make for a good 1 1/2 hours. Doherty has scripted a film that is intelligently self-aware and well-executed, including an oddly brilliant and completely silent performance from real-life brother, David O'Doherty. It's not perfect, no, but it's well worth a watch.