on 7 March 2017
Basically the mat is not fit for purpose!
After hitting about twenty 7 iron shots off the short cut part of the mat it began to fray at the edges. After about 100 shots the short cut part completely disintegrated and came away from the rubber base.
The rough cut part was OK for simulating hitting shots out of short cut rough, but has limited appeal.
The rubber tee was not strong enough to easily support a ball, particularly as mine was permanently bent due to packaging. It was quite difficult to get a ball to balance on it.
on 11 March 2017
my son used this for the first time, within about 10 minutes of practise he hit the mat and the fake grass separated from the mat. Waste of money, not fit for purpose. Bought for xmas, not had the weather until now and it seems to be too late to send back
on 20 October 2009
This has been good for the garden as well as my game. No more divots and I like that the mate has 2 sides one rough and one fairway. Also comes with 2 rubber tees (like on the driving range) which they dont tell you here. Over all very happy.
on 14 December 2009
not much to say its all you could want. very good
could be a bit bigger
VINE VOICEon 25 March 2013
Not too much to say about this apart from the fact it looks like it will handle quite some punishment. The "turf" is mounted on top of a thick rubber layer which also incorporates the carry handle at one end. This makes it heavy enough to not move around too much in use (and rubber of course is good at gripping things). You also get two rubber tees like the ones at the driving range, one large and one small. I use this for chipping practise in the main so the fact that you get half the mat with "heavy rough" built in is perfect for me. Recommended.
on 6 April 2011
To have the choice of two different surfaces to hit from is ideal. Two different height rubber T-pegs included, even better than on the practice range. Well weighted and will be used again and again.
on 15 April 2011
I bought this product for my son who recently started playing golf. Within half an hour of him using it, the artificial grass has been ripped up off the rubber base, and part of the base has broken as well. I doubt that a product breaking this badly can be due to lack of golfing experience, and if it is, it is not stated in the description.
I would recommend not buying this product and instead buying the SKLZ version for a little bit extra money, as it is much more durable, and has not broken in a month of my son using it.
on 15 March 2010
I got it as present for christmas (with the chipping net) and with the nice weather I'm now using it outside. It allows me to practice my chipping without destroying my lawn. I'm now actually thinking on getting the pro size driving net!!
on 15 May 2011
good for a decent golfer i am a beginer hit the edge of the grass a couple of times and it as started lifting from the rubber to easily in my view even a good golfer will catch it once in a while on a bad day
on 10 December 2012
This mat is ideal for practising in a small flat. I was particularly happy to be able to use my driver. Although I have to be careful where I place it to use the driver. This is especially good as I can see the power generated on the the foam balls when I adjust hand and feet positions. This being much more relevant to me now as I am close to my optimal setup and therefore I now focus my practice on technique.