on 6 September 2010
I must say at first I was apprehensive about this cover following a previous review concerning issues of rain water being trapped on the rim of the cover, but then I thought - is this actually an issue? How often do I subject my iPhone to use in water? I think I would rather postpone the call & put the phone in my pocket. The two main reasons for this purchase were the neat silcon rubber seals which protect the main connector/docking port & earphone socket. This has finally cured the problem I was witnessing of dust or lint build up around these ports as a result of putting my phone in pockets and bags. Secondly my previous iPhone cover cracked (incipio) within 3 months of use. All in all, I'm very impressed with the Otter box cover, and I feel that my iPhone is now more professionally protected against every day knocks & bumps. As for dropping my phone & it's survival - let's hope I never get to try that feature out!
on 12 November 2010
I own many iPhone cases (don't ask!) and this has to be one of the best. I've been using it for a few days now and have no issues with it. It was a bit tricky to put on, but nothing to worry about; just make sure it's all lined up properly before you attempt to click it in place. The silicone material is great and slightly thicker where it is exposed; this gives added shock protection if you should drop your device. It does attract lint and dust but again this is not a major issue because it also comes off quite easily if you blow on it or give it a light rub. I think they must put a special coating on the silicone to make it lint-resistant.

The case is well designed and fits very well indeed. There is absolutely no movement or give. There is a raised lip around the screen so you can lay your iPhone on a flat surface without fear of scratching the screen. A screen protector is included but I already have a good one on my iPhone so didn't use it. I would highly recommend you install a screen protector with this case. All the cut-outs and port covers are perfectly aligned and the camera lens hole is perfectly cut; I could not believe the accuracy with which they have cut all the holes. It really is perfect. The earphone cover and charging port cover are excellent and do a great job preventing dust and other material from getting inside. Some people have expressed some concern about the exposed Apple logo but I have no problem with this. In fact, it is slightly recessed so shouldn't get scratched anyway.

I think this case is the perfect combination of style and protection. It is not too bulky but at the same time provides all-round protection. The power button and volume buttons are actually easier to press now that they are covered and the whole case makes me feel confident that my iPhone is well protected if I drop it. I would highly recommend this case.
on 17 May 2010
Easy to install, makes me feel the phone isn't going to get trashed when I accidentally drop it, or get caught in the rain. It is not waterproof, but it does add another layer for the rain to get through. Also, the moulded back is easier to hold on to than the slidey original back.. recommended.
on 24 May 2010
OtterBox Impact Case for iPhone 3G/3GS - Black

Great product! Came within two days from when I purchased the item. The case fits and protects the phone well!
VINE VOICEon 17 July 2010
Having tried a number of different cases for my 3GS including the bigger Otterbox Defender, this is by far the best combination of protection and ease of use. The silicone rubber bumper around the edges and the back is well supported by the more substantial plastic. It covers all of the edges that would impact the ground if you dropped it. It has been toddler tested and so far they haven't managed to even scratch it!! The screen guard may not be the best in the world but it has certainly stood up to all of the keys and coins in my pocket.

If you are looking for a compromise case that looks good, doesn't add much bulk and protects all the bits that need to be protected then look no further!
on 16 August 2011
I spent days of searching Amazon for the perfect case for my iphone and eventually sttled on this one. It comprises a silicone cover with a rigid, clip on case, that holds the cover in place. What isn't made clear is that there are three different plastic cases to suit your mood, a black one, a white one and a green one. As has been mentioned it is so snug that it can lift up any screen cover you have on, this is solved by being VERY particular about putting on the screen cover, if it is perfectly central it will not lift. It took me 3 covers (the otterbox one and both phone devil magic screens) before I got it spot on, but the effort is worth it. The case is very tactile and though it covers the volume and standby buttons they are very easily pressed and a joy to use. There are covers for the headphone and charging ports and they fit perfectly once the clip on case is in place the mute button is easy to slide even for someone with big fingers like me. Dropped it a star because the silicone case will pick up the belly button fluff in your pocket and the fussiness of screen cover fitting, but if I coulsd I would only have put it down half a star. Upgrading to an iphone 5 when it comes out and otterbox will be my first choice for a case.
on 12 February 2010
It's really easy to fit. Gives great all round protection without compromising the overall size of the iPhone. The sides don't flap around like some other makes. It's so good you'd be tempted to bounce it just to test how good it is...but don't.
on 13 April 2010
Gives your phone solid protection without making it feel bulky or heavy. Looks pretty good as well. I bought my own 6pk of screen protectors from Amazon. Recommended if you are overwhelmed by all the iphone case choices!
on 7 January 2011
This case fits the phone perfectly, I got it for the port covers. I would have got the Otterbox Defender, but it stupidly does not have holes for the speaker and mic, so i got this one instead. I'm not giving it five stars because of the horrible blister pack. What's wrong with a reycled cardboard box?

I don't like the hole in the back, i don't want to be showing off the Apple logo, and i don't like the big Otterbox logo underneath, but still this case seems the best of its kind. Would have been perfect with a plain, discreet back with just the whole for the camera and a small Otterbox logo .
on 31 August 2011
I love this case and am so glad that I spent a little extra to get a decent brand.

The OtterBox Commuter case fits my iphone 3GS perfectly and the screen protector was easy to fit first time with no bubbles. I think this case looks brilliant as it doesn't add much bulk to the phone, the plastic back also makes it easy to slide into/out of your pocket.
I am very impressed with the protection that this case provides as I was at a concert recently and dropped my phone and someone stood on it but there was absolutely no damage which is amazing!

I would definately recommend this cover