on 2 May 2017
Holds my camera tightly. Stretchy fabric has allowed me to wear it around my neck at times (I did it while surfing). No problems.
on 9 March 2017
Well worth the money
on 10 September 2016
Excellent does the job
on 18 March 2011
Bought this to go scuba diving in the Red Sea. The GoPro produced amazing pictures especially as I was able to film hands free with this head strap. Adjustable, so camera felt very stable.
22 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 June 2012
I bought this headstrap after searching and evaluating wich accessory would be the most adequate (without needing for starters multiple accesories) to use on the beach inside the water, either simply with friends diving or surfing with freedom of angle.

Although I think its fun to see te footage of the fixed cameras on surfboards, I prefer the freedom of filming what I'm seeing and where I'm looking at, and so I thought this would be a good solution and it really is: if there's a bigger swell you can take it outside inside the wetsuit and capture footage outside, or if its softer or if you have more confidence use it while you surf the wave and while your friends pass by surfing, its great!

I also bought it thinking on capturing aditional footage in specific "environments", so that I wouldn't damage my other camera, and have been using it when I ride my mountain bike with good results. And for example based on other reviews, I can use it on my snowboard helmet (I have the permanent fixations, but if you think about it this way you can change with a friend and he films you), and recently lend it to a friend that made a 100km marathon and used it to capture footage, he arrived yesterday and I can't wait to see the result and edit it!

For me the headstrap is the best simple solution for my purposes, highly recomended, high quality product. ;)
on 15 August 2012
Brilliant bit of kit, get your eye view on anything you do. Used it for climbing, adventure racing n playing super hero! Worked every time!
on 30 December 2013
If you are going to go surfing with this on, tape a cable tie to your wettie leash and around the strap, as big waves can knock it off, and pretty good way of securing it. I was fearing it would be like a dodgy camping torch bit this feels good.
on 21 September 2012
This head strap is a GoPro must have. It fits nice and snug with no movement what so ever. The head strap even fits my 3 year old daughters head with no problems. I would recommend this head strap to anybody.
on 25 October 2013
Hi, bit of a funny review. on receiving the product the first thing I noticed was the lack of a go pro logo. having said that I then set
about setting it up to my head size/shape which was very easy to do, so far so good.it seemed a very positive fit which I'm sure is not
going to let me down as I only need it to do one very special camera shoot so far. the materials used seem fit for the job. the next step
is to mount the cam in place, be aware if you have the wi fi back installed that you need to use a little ingenuity in choosing which mounting
"bits" will facilate the mounting of such a combination on your head. on my head strap mount the "mating go pro bit" would not fit right. I
checked this part with other parts of my camera kit and it was perfect each time, so the conclusion was that it must be the headband at
fault. fortunately I have some very fine files,so it was a easy job to remove some excess plastic from the headband mount. now everything
fits and works a treat. conclusion, why does it say on the amazon site go pro cam head strap by "go pro cam" I find this highly misleading,in my case
I needed a mount quickly and could not afford the time to send it back due to the poor fitting between mount and the cam.{maybe I was unlucky in respect}
price wise it is fine. but was I naïve to think I was getting the real deal at this price. buyer beware!
on 17 October 2013
Was not GoPro original, the mounting bracket did not fit the GoPro camera housing and the captive nut thread was defective