on 17 August 2017
Handy
on 8 September 2010
Just received for my iPhone 4, works perfectly, straight away you can appreciate it is a quality product. Just what I need for long train and plane journeys etc. Was a litle apprehensive as the review doesn't specify if it works with the iphone 4, but after checking the Kensington website, that confirmed it did and plugging it in today proves it does absolutely. My advice, don't go for the cheaper options, spend that little extra for the quality and back up of the 2 year warrenty of this exceptional product.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2011
I ordered this so i could watch movies tv episodes and play games on long flights with my ipod touch 4th gen and that I did I was able to watch 4 hours of tv episodes aswell as an hour of gaming and i still had a full charge on the travel battery and used it again on the way back without charging it between flights

Best ipod accessory I have ever bought

Deffo recomended
on 26 May 2011
Before buying this, I looked at other alternatives, and considering that Kensington is a trusted brand (compared to some others), that's what I went with.

The item comes charged and is around the size of two matchboxes. The USB charging port is hinged and folds out, but frankly that design could've been slightly better in that it doesn't use either a short cable or a ball hinge and is susceptible to damage (either it or the PC/laptop you use for charging) when hit in a direction that the hinge does not move in. That's worth one star to me.

That said though, it has 5 power LEDs to indicate remaining charge, and it has a small button marked with a battery icon that you can push to see the remaining charge if it's not plugged in for charging. This item was ultimately designed to extend battery life, not replace the battery altogether, so a full charge of the internal battery in your iPhone/iPod cannot be expected. However, on my iPhone I ended up with a 50% charge, enough for what I usually require (on the go in London without a power point available). It also charges up relatively quickly (30 minutes gives you an 80% charge of the gadget).

The "kickstand" is a wee bit irritating, but it is at least designed to work with your Touch or iPhone in a case/sleeve, so I can't knock it for that.
on 1 March 2011
Lets you know how much charge is left in the battery pack so you know whether to charge that or not either, has a good connection to the phone socket (doesn't feel flimsy or anythin). And also holds up the phone in a landscape position so u can watch something or even just sit it down when charging
on 10 November 2010
This is a brilliant little device which I carry with me always. Just keep it charged up and I never have to worry about my iPod or iPhone battery going dead on me if I am out and about. Get back home and just plug in to the iPhone charger to get it fully charged again for the next time. I am really pleased with the device.
on 13 June 2010
after trying quite a few different iphone backup batteries at last ive found one that really works. this battery really packs a punch in the power department and charges you phone in no time at all. plus when you are charging you can use the stand to view videos. best ever in battery backups. well its the best ive used and ive used quite a fair few!
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2011
This is nowhere near as convenient as the Mophie Juice Pack Air that I bought for my iPhone, but it was a third of the price (£20) - so I bought two. And it's great. I charge it from USB, keep it in my bag, and if all else fails, then it's available there to boost my iPhone.

And it does very well - from 20% to 100%, in around 30 minutes - it has excellent capacity and speed, and the flip-out USB (fiddly to flip out, probably why it's discounted), means you need carry nothing else.

If you're ever worried of being somewhere with a dead iPhone, then as a fallback, this really works.
on 14 June 2011
My main concern was that it was compatible with the iPhone 4, and I am glad to say that it works purfect. It is a little bit combersom when you first connect it, but the great thing is that the power is soon transfered to the phone, which means you can carry on using your phone and possibly leave the Kensington battery / charger pack topping up ready for the next time.Well impressed with performance and price.
This review is for the Kensington Travel Battery Pack and Charger. Most of the points are covered in the video but here is a summary of my thoughts:

Things that I liked about this charger:

* whilst not in use it it small enough to carry around in a pocket or handbag
* It is great for emergency use when you suddenly realise your phone has no charge left
* it means you can use a flat phone within a few seconds - if your battery is completely flat it will need a short time to give it enough charge before you can use it again.
* it charges fully in around an hour (the charger that is, not the iPhone)
* there is a battery life indicator, press the small button on the front and up to five blue LED lights show how much charge is left
* can be charged up using either a USB port or your iPhone charger
* works with iPhone 3 and 4, iPad and iPod touch
* a lid covers the apple charging connector whilst not in use, thus providing protection for it.
* the USB charging port is tucked securely away into the unit and thus unlikely to be damaged whilst not in use

Things I didn't like about this charger:

* whilst the battery pack is connected it is difficult to fit the phone into a pocket
* the connection between the battery pack and the phone feels vulnerable, I worry that without care I could snap it off leaving the connector inside my iPhone
* it won't 100% charge your iPhone but it will get pretty near. However, by that stage the battery pack itself will need another charge
* I wouldn't risk charging this by plugging it directly into a computer USB port as I would worry that the weight of the charger might damage the port itself. Instead it would be better to use an extended USB cable.

Overall impression:

I am really pleased that I purchased this charger. I can't count how many times I have gone out and found that my phone is flat and this charger has meant that I can still use my phone. I'm just about to purchase a second charger so that my husband can have his own and stop nicking mine.