Customer reviews

Foneboy iPod & iPhone 3G 4 4S Usb Sync Cable - White
Size: 1.2M Long|Colour: White|Change
Price:£1.95+ Free shipping

on 3 October 2012
PROS:
I ordered 4 but received 5...

CONS:
... for all the good that did me. I may as well have been plugging laminated shoelaces into my iPhone. I tried all 5 (perhaps expecting one at least to give me issues - at that price I would have been fine), but NONE of them plug in and charge without having to perform a ritual of wiggling and re-inserting. Two don't work at all, two work for a bit then stop, and another works slightly - that's my favourite.

It's not my laptop, as I have two different plug chargers that also can't cope with these. It's not my iPhone, as my friends' cables and docks work fine.

The annoying thing is, I ordered two of these before and they also only worked for about 2 months. Fool me once.... etc.

The other annoying thing is, I have an official Apple charger somewhere in the drawer which I was replacing because it started losing connection. And now I can't remember which one it is amongst all these junk ones - it's like putting my hand in a bucket of weird, futuristic space snakes to pull out the non-poisonous one.

TO RECAP:
They're a false economy. Buy some shoelaces instead.
66 Comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2012
The second time I went to charge my phone the USB cable had burnt out. Could have been very serious and caused serious damage.
on 2 October 2012
Yes, this item was extremely cheap. No, it didn't actually work. Not much else I can really add to that, except to say, I certainly don't recommend this product.
on 29 June 2017
Decent for what it is, nothing to complain about this yet... as use it for my old Ipod...

I suspect this wouldn't last long if used everyday
on 5 July 2014
Charges my iPhone(s) and iPad(s) without any problems. Most 'seconds' have issues with iPads or 3rd-party docks but the ones I received were absolutely fine.

Of course, these are not genuine Apple accessories. You can tell if you compare it with the originals, but they look close and I'm not bothered about genuine - as long as they work!
on 31 January 2016
Worked fine for a few weeks until an error came up about unsupported. Didn't want to negatively put it down in case that was a fault with how I'd used the phone on charge. But that issue did occur with me.
on 10 June 2013
Not 100% sure on this product, I mean first glance it looks the part. but when trying to use it you realise that there isn't any realise buttons on the part that pops into the iPhone or ipod so you kind of have to yank it out which isn't healthy for the phone/ipod. also sometimes it doesn't actually connect properly. Just spend a few quid on a decent, official wire.
on 2 August 2017
Arrived safely and in very good time. Would recommend
on 29 April 2017