on 16 October 2010
This is an excellent quality, solid garden bench, which comfortably seats 2 big people, or 3 slim ones (adults I mean). The timber is pre-treated, so you don't have to varnish it unless you want to change or preserve the colour. It comes as a natural pine colour but is now fading to silver as we haven't treated ours. It came in a few easily-assembled parts, and feels very robust. If you live in an area of wild and windy winter weather like we do, and don't want to have to put your bench away (come-on you know you'll never get round to it!), then this is the one to go for. The cheaper, flimsy ones might blow away, but it would take some storm to shift this one. I expect it to last for many years.

Update 31/12/10 - Have had this bench since early summer and it still looks lovely, shrugging off a nasty wild winter in the hills with no signs of deterioration at all.
on 23 May 2010
This bench is sturdy, comfortable,a good size and colour and very pretty to look at and all at a very reasonable price. Just love it, the only thing that cannot be bought to go with it is the weather, so here is hoping for some nice long and sunny days, so if it is a garden bench you are looking for then I recommend this one.Garden Bench Heavy Duty
on 9 August 2010
A very solid and robust bench that will provide many years of service. This is well constructed and properly pre-treated. No rough edges and high workmanship make this a good purchase.
on 15 November 2011
On Wednesday November 9th 2011 I ordered the bench through Amazon and was given an estimated delivery between November 20th and 29th. I was therefore extremely surprised and delighted to receive the delivery on November 11th, less than 24 hours after I had placed the order.
From the information on the internet I knew the bench would be sturdy, but I have to admit I had under-estimated just how sturdy it actually is. The design and construction of the bench are absolutely excellent, and the assembly instructions are very explicit and easy to follow. It took me about twenty minutes to complete the assembly and the bench is now standing proudly on our patio. We fully expect it may be a few months before we are able to spend time sitting on the bench, but hopefully early springtime will give us warmer weather and the opportunity to get the full benefit from our purchase. This bench really is an excellent purchase, and I am sure it will give us pleasure for many years to come. I have no hesitation in recommending this product to anyone who is contemplating purchasing a garden bench, I feel certain they would not regret their decision.
on 3 October 2013
Although my wife and I purchase lots of items through Amazon, I have never got round to writing a review before but I was so impressed with this bench I wanted to share my views with others who might be thinking of purchasing it. It was delivered at least 3 days earlier than expected and I can honestly say the quality is second to none. Very solid and extremely well made - it was also very simple to construct and was installed in our garden within an hour of receiving it. When I ordered it my wife thought it was bit expensive, but now admits it was worth every penny and we expect to enjoy sitting on it for many years to come!
on 30 March 2011
we were so pleased with our garden bench we have varnished it with the colour mahogany and it sits proudly on the patio.......looks fantastic.Cant wait for some sunshine and a glass of wine!
on 1 August 2011
A very solid seat. Nice to sit on and attractive too. Easy to put together (needs two) Good delivery. A few rather worrying cracks after the hot days, but accompanying leaflet says these are to be expected.
on 10 May 2011
This Sturdy Garden Bench is a lovely bit of Kit-It is extremely well made and the fitting Instructions
are very easy to follow-so easy in fact that even I managed to assemble it in about twenty minutes.The
price was excellent and the delivery was far earlier than expected.I was kept informed of Delivery etc
all the way through.I would definitely buy from Riverside Woodcraft in the future.Many Thanks.
PD HYDE.DORSET.
on 5 December 2015
I love the heaviness and strength of this bench as I
live in an area that gets very windy over the winter
period and has suffered some quite heavy gales.
This bench is not going anywhere and does'nt need
fixing to the ground. Easy to put together too
on 1 July 2012
Positives:
Delivered quickly.
Easy to put together.
Build quality.

Negative:
The treatment the benches undergo gives them an unpleasant, uneven, green chemical-looking tint, so you can tell they have been treated. As a result, they don't look as good as they should given the build quality. Would look better if they were treated and then had a stain added. Not being a DIY expert, some advice on how to approach this included with the product would be helpful.