on 3 November 2015
I tried other phone holders and this is the best. Easy to assemble and use.
on 13 February 2016
perfect fit. charges very well and sticks to windscreen very well.
on 30 October 2009
Why, oh why would anyone pay (effectively) £100 for a mount for the iPhone that doesn't even include the Tom Tom App?

£100 for the car kit, plus £60 for the Tom Tom app? Are they mental? Who came up with this pricing? I was considering buying it if it was £50, but £100? No chance.

Plus, you can't use the USB port if you have USB connectivity for the iPod functions in your car.

Save yourselves some money and buy a Tom Tom One for £89.99.

Sort yourselves out Tom Tom. This reeks of a rip-off.
1414 Comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 October 2011
Promptly delivered. Exactly as described. After using my iPhone tt app for a year with occasional gps problems, this does seem to resolve them, although it does take time to establish initial position.
on 3 March 2011
Since purchasing my Tom Tom Car Kit and Tom Tom Sat Nav (U.K.)I have never experienced any problems, as I have attempted to catch it out by taking deliberate detours to test it. It responded well and managed to redirect me to a quick alternate route plan. It also allows you to play music through your Ipod, whilst continuously directing you to your chosen direction. I also put it through it's paces by making and receiving handsfree calls which it handles perfectly as well by temporarily putting your music and sat nav on silent to allow you to take your call then when you hang up it goes straight back to your Ipod and Sat Nav. I have thoroughly tested this as I did not wish to experience any problems with it compared to my last Sat Nav such as dropped/poor sat nav signal (meaning that you get lost and use up more petrol. Although it may seem a bit pricey I recommend this product based upon the convenience factor of using it with your Iphone 3/4 mobile phone and the amount of petrol it has saved me. Buying a Sat Nav that really works will save you time and more importantly Money in Petrol so it is well worth the price tag.
on 11 March 2011
Some of you are going to call me naive for what I'm about to say, but here goes anyway, cos I am disappointed and feel cheated.

So I thought I had a device with a built-in GPS, and I just need the TOMTOM upgrade. My silly assumption was that the £[] quid hardware INCLUDES the TOMTOM software.
How very wrong. It doesn't.

So in order to have the equivalent of a stand-alone TOMTOM GPS (currently around £[] at any retailer), you need to have

1. iPhone (at whatever it cost you)
2. Cradle (£[])
3. TOMTOM software from App Store, anywhere between £52 and £70, depending on what you're buying.

Grand total TOMTOM cost of up to £170.

I'm sorry but it's WRONG WRONG WRONG.

The real catch is that nobody tells you this. On the description of the cradle, I expect, no I WANT a warning sign that says, "Software sold separately".
Now I've got the cradle, I bought the software too, and I feel like an idiot.

Had I known, I woulda nipped down to Currys and bought a perfectly reasonable GPS for little over half of what I ended up paying.

The setup I have now works great. Just like a budget TOMTOM would.

Shame.
on 12 February 2011
It's well made & easily mounted, but often unsatisfactory in use (with iPhone 4). The silly little volume switch is fiddly to use, and the max volume often isn't adequate over background noises. The TomTom software itself is very good, although it's far too easy to accidentally do stuff by mistake when driving, unless you grab hold of the unit (illegally). As a carphone it is simply rubbish - never loud enough at either end of the call, and trying to use Sat-Nav at the same time as "handsfree" phonecalls is a nightmare due to constant on-screen reminders that can't be read even on larger font setting and are useless anyway. I am quite disappointed but will stick with it.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 August 2011
Nice bit of kit but,
1) still slips off dashboard Tomtom
mat and
2) beware Tomtom for iPhone will use up all
your surfing gigabytes with one long journey, only
use if unlimited data on your iPhone(no chance)
Or short journeys and turn off map share and
cintinuous updating
on 25 May 2015
excellent
on 14 May 2012
In my opinion, this is a very poor quality product. The swivel joint fell apart after a while. The iPhone 4 adaptor is a joke and you will end up having to put some card into the gap behind the connector to get it to work. I have now lost one channel from the audio output socket. The clamping mechanism comes away from the sucker after a while. How they can charge over £100 for this piece if junk, I have no idea!