on 16 October 2013
I was absolutely over the moon when I received this Kitchen Aid as a birthday and Christmas present from my boyfriend. I love to cook and I loved the look of the thing - a stylish addition to our homr. As promised, the product can do amazing things: soon I was trying all sorts of new recipes, julienne-ing this and blending that. I loved my Kitchen Aid and treated it with care and respect and ever so it broke. Simply put, the product is let down by the shoddy plastic workings that connect the plastic jug to the base and the jug to the lid. Both broke and both got stuck. My friend (a chef) has the same product and his also broke and in the same places. What is worst is that the plastic bits broke into the food and the blades kept turning even when I took out the safety cup out of the lid to see what was happening - the fail-safe was overridden. So dangerous. It seems such a shame that this simple casing is what lets the product down since the rest works so well (ok, maybe not the juicer - hot mess).
on 18 November 2014
Exactly the same fault as reported by Kif. Appliance just out of warranty, so no alternative other than to buy replacement bowl and lid. Clearly a bad bit of design and/or manufacturing, unusual with this brand (we have two other KitchenAid appliances, which are first-class). Pity this one sucks.
on 11 December 2014
Aesthetics? It's heavy and solid, which with the design makes it feel genuinely like something made in the 50s. I like it.

Good so far.

Chopping? Place coarsely cut onion, celery and carrot in bowl, switch it on and immediately notice how quiet it is. Immediately afterwards notice that presto! In a split second the thing has slurried 1/3 of the contents and glued the remaining jagged hunks to the side of the bowl with it. Remove lid. Note squeaky plastic reminiscent of the stuff they used to make clear egg cartoons out of. Scrape bowl down. Replace lid. Note unpleasant mechanism and further squeaking. Repeat. Mixture now looks like it's been regurgitated by a dog. Discard lumpy sludge and make mental note to cut your soffritto by hand next time. Overall, poor.

Slicing? Yeah, it slices fine, but the squeaking and generally slightly unpleasant feel of the bowl/lid mechanism is gnawing.

Overall, I find myself haunted by the ghost of a past 30 quid processor that - although it sounded like a Cessna - actually chopped and mixed more effectively, and didn't need a hoist to relocate. I miss it.

Durability? We dutifully used the food processor until the bowl handle snapped: we've put that whole month down to experience and can no longer bring ourselves to use it. Didn't have the will to source a replacement part.

So, now the food processor is in the back of the cupboard, too expensive to discard and too unsatisfying to use. It'll probably stay there until we acquire another food processor or run short of ammunition for the trebuchet.

Humour aside, we have a range of KitchenAid equipment that has performed very well, but in my opinion this device doesn't do the range justice. I was told that since this was released they have addressed the issues with an updated design, which I strongly suggest you consider instead.
on 22 December 2014
absolute rubbish, the work bowl and lid developed a crack within a short time. Kitchenaid are very unhelpful and tend to avoid any communications to fix the problem. Save your money and your time, find another food processor. This one is overrated and of shoddy construction...